I was screwing around with Reason, and this is what I came up with. Personally, I think it sounds like crap, but I figure I'll post it here and get some feedback on good/bad parts. So feel free to comment on the good and the bad, just be constructive. Also, I listed it as a backtrack because there's no lyrics, just instrumentals. Furthermore, it's condensed to where the opening verse is the only non-condensed section.
By the way, this is just something I got from screwing around. I have never taken music theory or any classes to learn a specific instrument. I'm more self taught, picking stuff up when I notice it.
wow thats really cool. the piano part sounded very nice. i like how the drums changed around 40 seconds in also

c4c?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=859702
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Not bad. I think you could actually leave the drums where they are, and just boost the other levels as it's a little quiet.
Back to mine, I think what I don't like is the main guitar. Anyone second that?

EDIT- Oh, and what's "c4c?" I'm new on these boards even though I setup my account awhile ago. Therefore, I'm not privy to the abbreviations here.
Last edited by SomeRandomLeech at May 16, 2008,
Very very catchy, yeah just boost the level of the guitar and it'll be all set! The piano was well done as well. This was recorded in reason? what is that?
and also c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14273797#post14273797
Edit: C4c is critic for critic, they critic you, you critic them : P
Melodic Technical Progressive Extreme Death Neo Classical Speed Chewbacca metal.
Last edited by MelodicMonster at May 16, 2008,
Here 's the same thing just without the lead guitar. I like this part.

MelodicGuitar- I tried to go listen but it didn't play and I didn't see any controls. Also, what is "c4c?"
i just listened to the version without the guitar. i liked it a lot better. it sounds really good. is that a program you used for the keyboards? it kinda sounded like the guitar was made in gp or something, thats why i asked.
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Actually, everything was done in Reason. Somehow, I have yet to hear any program make a REALISTIC guitar sound. It never sounds quite right. For the piano, I just used the NN-XT unit with the acoustic Grand Piano A sample loaded. I think I might try and do the lead guitar on my physical guitar.
i think thats a great idea. you are right about the guitar sounds. nothing can make it sound real. thats cool with me though. id rather hear my own playing than a computers. its kind of satisfying to hear something cool that you physically played

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣