I know my next pedal is going to be a univibe type pedal; specifically, a pedal that can do both chorus and vibrato(tremolo).

Since it was too expensive, as far as I know I have these options:
a) Use Rotovibe. Cheaper than univibe, but I saw more favorable reviews
b) Make my own (using schematic from schematic heaven)
c) Get both a tremolo and chorus pedal

Is there any other existing pedal that can duplicate both functions of univibe with a equally good, if not greater, tone?
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Making one yourself wouldn't make it cheaper at all. And the possibility of failure is really big if you choose to go that way.
I tried a EHX Electric Mistress at GC the other day and it sounded like a univibe with a flanger
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by bBreaker
I tried a EHX Electric Mistress at GC the other day and it sounded like a univibe with a flanger

I have a Deluxe Electric Mistress and I plan on buying a Univibe clone as well (probably a BBE Soul Vibe). The Mistress is amazing, but it's a different beast.

There are lots of Univibe clones out there, just try them out. I'd say stay away from the current Dunlop reissues. They sound good, but aren't quite the same kind of pedal.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Note: If the sound quality is good, I would not mind paying above $200. Unfortunately, every reviews on Dunlop univibe is that it is bad. So price is up to 300.

Unfortunately, the univibe clone knowledge I have is limited, as I am limited to only knowing the "big names", such as EHX, MXR/Dunlop. Most only do tremolo but not the chorus effect of univibe.

On a sidenote, how is Rotovibe differ from univibe, and how is its sound, etc?
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff