Hi, my father recently bought an item on ebay but as he was about to pay for it he realised it is nothing like what he thought he was buying.

My question is (since he doesn't want to buy it now):

1. Should we just not pay?
2. Contact the seller and tell them of our predicament?
or 3. any other help?

thanks in advance
Contact the seller and explain the situation. If I'm not mistaking, you go under a legal contract to buy the item once you have purchased it from eBay.

I mean, the most they're gonna do is give you negative feedback, and possibly suspend your account. Nothing huge, really.
Did the seller falsely advertise it or was it your fathers mistake?
If it was falsely advertised contact ebay and let them know about it and he's off the hook.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
well we've sent an email to the seller (fingers crossed)
and the item was a treadmill as in a home gym type treadmill, (the one we ended up 'winning' only holds 45kg. seriously 45, whats up with that?)
Quote by tyler_j
Hi, my father recently bought an item on ebay but as he was about to pay for it he realised it is nothing like what he thought he was buying.

My question is (since he doesn't want to buy it now):

1. Should we just not pay?
2. Contact the seller and tell them of our predicament?
or 3. any other help?

thanks in advance

Eat the seller. Like, not completely, of course. Just a bit. Give him a bit of a scare, eh?

Honestly though, I was being honest.
dude just message him, say that you made a mistake. if he's not a complete asshole, he'll roll with it and give it to the second highest bidder, and if you're honest he might even give you a good review. it's what happened to me a couple of times when I couldn't pay (got in an accident, had to pay for insurance). The worst they're gonna do is give you a bad review. As long as you don't do it very often, they're not even going to suspend your account or anything.

EDIT: and one thing more, he can't FORCE you to pay.
Quote by Mudvayne_4_Life
Contact the seller and explain the situation. If I'm not mistaking, you go under a legal contract to buy the item once you have purchased it from eBay.

I mean, the most they're gonna do is give you negative feedback, and possibly suspend your account. Nothing huge, really.

Yup.

The seller might even be kind enough to withdraw and then put it up for sale again. There's always going to be more people willing to buy something, so it's worth a shot. I've done it before.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
wow, how downhill downhill has the pit gone, this thread looks like something straight out of the hell pit of /b/
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by this&that
wow, how downhill downhill has the pit gone, this thread looks like something straight out of the hell pit of /b/

Have you been away from this place for several months or even years?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT