Heyo everyone,
I don't really post round these parts so I'll start off with a healthy hello!

Now, I've been playing guitar for about 11 years now and I've got some great gear... but I've still not found that elusive 'perfect' amp yet. I've been through several, from my starter 15W Marshall through various combos to my current rig right now, which is:

Fender Deluxe Combo
Randall RM100 Head w/ 4x12

I don't really use the Randall much to be honest, it's my bedroom amp, whereas my combo is my gigging amp. Yes, may be weird that I use my combo to gig rather than my stack, but the Randall is a high-gain amp and I'm just not really into metal any more. Don't get me wrong the Fender Combo is fantastic, I know I'll be using it for a long time and probably won't sell it for a while... but it's not quite got that 'pezazz' that I'm looking for.

So this is where you might be able to help me, I'm looking for a professional amp - one that I can gig with, record with etc. I'm looking for a 2x12, whether thats a combo or a head/cab. Nothing high-gain please.

Sorry for long post, but any good ideas for amps for me to try?
Thanks,
-Tom
i have the fender blues deluxe and I think it's pretty professional....i would suggest trying out the fender blues deville 4x10.....you wouldn't get much more "pro" than that
Why not just try some new modules with the Rm100? Like the Plexi module and what not?
Signatures are overrated.
Sounds like your looking for a lonestar.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by Moe.
Why not just try some new modules with the Rm100? Like the Plexi module and what not?

Because I don't really want to have to lug around my stack every time I want a gig or whatnot. Plus I've played most of the modules available, and there's only a few that really strike me as any good.

As for some of the other recommendations, I've looked into the Rivera's and they are really good... but the only ones that strike me as worth the money are the high-gain ones, which sound fantastic - their less gain based amps just don't seem to be worth their weight in gold.

Options I'm currently looking into is a Fender Twin (can't go wrong there) and an old Orange AC30 head w/ 2x12.

And yes, the Lonestar is a damn good recommendation, thanks modemp. I remember looking at them a couple years back and I'd forgotten about them.
I know you don't want high gain or a non 212, but what about a Mesa Mark 1. Those things sound sweeeet!

The Fender Twin is a great option, as would something like a Vibrolux. Do you have a budget?
Guessing by your usertitle, you're in the UK (BIMM is in Brighton yes?)
In which case a Mesa might not be the most practical
Do you have a budget at all?
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
The old Earth heads are very nice, like the g2000 if you can find one of those(will have fender tone.). Also an Orange OD-80 head or a Marshall JCM 900 SL-X.

For cabs look at Avatar.
As for budget, I wouldn't really worry about it. I'm looking for a sound investment that should stay with me for years to come so money isn't so much a problem.

Does anyone know where I'd be able to get hold of an Orange AC-30 head. Not the AD-30 but the old single channel AC heads. I've played a couple and they're just so good