Page 1 of 3
dumb ass question lol but (we all know women love us)
i think about my life,
and the midnight highway...
the life of a renegade
king

Member #7 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club! PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join
WTF the first 3 repliers have the same avatar.

And it depends what you play, but from great guitar players I'm going to assume you mean people who can shred soulfully.

They think they're alright.

It's only the crappy 3 chord songs with nuts in a vice style singing that get a woman to like your playing.
They all have the exact same thought about guitar players. "I wonder if he can play some real crap music that I like, if, I'll take of my clothes"
Girls don't care how well you play. They care when you play them Fall Out Boy.

EDIT: Or hey there delilah. They want you to play them popular stuff.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Quote by XianXiuHong

ROLLS EYES mmmeh
they dont think of great guitar players. they spend too much time looking at the crappy ones who spend more time doing their hair then the chicks staring at them
Quote by webbtje
Don't be silly. Women don't think.

“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
seriously,what do women think of great guitar players?

less than they think of great bass players
Rockin' shit
Quote by jimmyhotpants
less than they think of me, cause im a dickhead

Fix'd bitch
Damn! I'm so depressed that I don't get chicks even though I play the worlds most complex music. Because 3 chord songs can never be good no matter who you are! It's always fast solos and complex riffs that are the best music on all occasions. So those who play 3 power chords in a song are not musicians....

Btw, this was a bit sarcastic to all of you guys who actually cry because musicians that make easy songs succeed... It's pretty funny that you more or less bash any music based on a few chords. I could name like 10 artists that are considered to be talented that base their music around that, but I guess they suck as they don't do shred or fast solos.
They think nothing of guitar players. All they care about are the 'cute singers'. The guitarist is just backing for the singer in their opinion.

Now, this does not mean ALL women, just like 99.9%. The other .1% actually understand music... so they appreciate a great guitar player, bass player, and drummer. These women are hard to find.
Quote by Hanrahan
They think nothing of guitar players. All they care about are the 'cute singers'. The guitarist is just backing for the singer in their opinion.

Now, this does not mean ALL women, just like 99.9%. The other .1% actually understand music... so they appreciate a great guitar player, bass player, and drummer. These women are hard to find.

http://lorinator.feminoise.com/
Well, my goal in life is to have John Frusciante's babies.

I adore that man.
FUNK IS THE WAY

you can be in my dreams if i can be in yours
Quote by kill_busted
thanks good contribution but how about you focus all that effort into.. say... f*ucking off?

Haha yeah why not . You're free to bash "easy" songs as much as you want some people just said tragically pathethic when they do it...
Quote by Hanrahan

You have point. I used to say I play guitar and they'd go "Ohhh you play guitaar *dreamy eyes*" now I say I play guitar and sing a bit and they go "OHH YOU SING! *close in on my personal space*" so yeah, they have priorities.

But at the same time, there are plenty of girls who dig a singer with a guitar much more than a singer with a... mic.

Ah whatever, in my band everyone sings anyway, we all get our share in the end :p

- edit - @ JohnnyGenzale: I fully agree. People need to realize that non-musicians appreciate music that they can understand, not wank. Martin Luther King is one of the greatest speakers ever and he didn't use any difficult words, he wanted to connect with his listeners. Truly proffessional musicians understand this, the listener is what's important.
Last edited by Aziraphale at May 16, 2008,
women just like money. if you play like kurt cobain and make mad $$$, they will like you more than if youre an unemployed shred master.

they really could care less, along with other people who are non musicians/guitarists. its all for us basically.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Haha yeah why not . You're free to bash "easy" songs as much as you want some people just said tragically pathethic when they do it...

the fact is that the music actually does suck. the beatles wrote simple songs, got all the ladies and still managed to be good songwriters. my chemical romance write simple songs, get all the ladies, but fail to actually write songs that are musically any good.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Damn! I'm so depressed that I don't get chicks even though I play the worlds most complex music. Because 3 chord songs can never be good no matter who you are! It's always fast solos and complex riffs that are the best music on all occasions. So those who play 3 power chords in a song are not musicians....

Btw, this was a bit sarcastic to all of you guys who actually cry because musicians that make easy songs succeed... It's pretty funny that you more or less bash any music based on a few chords. I could name like 10 artists that are considered to be talented that base their music around that, but I guess they suck as they don't do shred or fast solos.

theres ur problem, all the shredding is too "try hard" they'll just think ur a dickhead if you do all that. its not about what you put in its what you leave out, and its how good the song sounds not how much you can fret wank and how many notes a minute you can do.
Depends on the girl. Some love the singer-songwriter type like James Blunt and James Morrison, etc. Others like the shred, some even like the ****ty pop-punk that gets attention.

Really though, if you play guitar and have a talent for blaggin' then I'm sure you'll get pussy from the early-teens. Get at it!

Quote by flysupermoo
theres ur problem, all the shredding is too "try hard" they'll just think ur a dickhead if you do all that. its not about what you put in its what you leave out, and its how good the song sounds not how much you can fret wank and how many notes a minute you can do.

Yeah exactly, plus;

Shred Wank = Two minute quickie.
Kisses and cuddles.
Last edited by SHANANDO at May 16, 2008,
Quote by Ali-b912
the fact is that the music actually does suck. the beatles wrote simple songs, got all the ladies and still managed to be good songwriters. my chemical romance write simple songs, get all the ladies, but fail to actually write songs that are musically any good.

My Chemical Romance songs are often more complex than Beatles ones, in an ironic twist of fate, although I doubt you've ever really listened to a My Chemical Romance song properly, because you bash them to fit in and you fail to comprehend that how good music is depends purely upon opinion, which is subjective.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by flysupermoo

Uh... he was sarcastic dude. Read his entire post.
Quote by break-me-in
My Chemical Romance songs are often more complex than Beatles ones, in an ironic twist of fate, although I doubt you've ever really listened to a My Chemical Romance song properly, because you bash them to fit in and you fail to comprehend that how good music is depends purely upon opinion, which is subjective.

cbf starting a flame war because i have a warning. although i would seriously doubt my chem have a song anywhere near as complex as some beatles songs. although i doubt you would know, you've probably never listened to a beatles song because its too old and only old people do and old people dont listen to cool music.
Quote by Ali-b912
cbf starting a flame war because i have a warning. although i would seriously doubt my chem have a song anywhere near as complex as some beatles songs. although i doubt you would know, you've probably never listened to a beatles song because its too old and only old people do and old people dont listen to cool music.

Actually, I try music before I dismiss it. Personally, I don't like the Beatles. They have some good material, but I think they essentially got lucky, and were doing the right thing at the right time. But thank you for making completely unfounded assumptions about the depth of my musical tastes.

Also, take note of the fact that I said "often more complex", not always. So when you say "some Beatles songs", obviously I already agreed with you. Thank you and goodnight.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Most of the time, I find they react by collapsing on the floor and writhing around in orgasmic pleasure.

It probably won't work for you, though.

No, seriously, non-guitarist girls (as guys) are easily impressed. Believe it or not they will actually like some shred wank, they find the speed highly impressive. They would like to listen to you play a nice song for them much more, sure; but don;t be afraid to throw in a few fast licks to really wow them.

tl;dr- Being a good player makes them wet. Being a good player = knowing what to play and when.
Quote by Vermintide
Most of the time, I find they react by collapsing on the floor and writhing around in orgasmic pleasure.

No, seriously, non-guitarist girls (as guys) are easily impressed. Believe it or not they will actually like some shred wank, they find the speed highly impressive. They would like to listen to you play a nice song for them much more, sure; but don;t be afraid to throw in a few fast licks to really wow them.

tl;dr- Being a good player makes them wet. Being a good player = knowing what to play and when.

This pretty much covers it.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Vermintide

Very good post.

An impressive solo would be something like the one in Another Day by Dream Theater: not that long, really melodic and slow, just one ultra-fast bit to complement. The perfect solo, in my opinion. But the rest of the song needs to be a SONG.

What's not impressive is someone like MAB playing scales for 2 hours. Instrumental parts in general tend to get boring, I usually keep my solos 4 bars (maybe 8), and then get on with the song. There's no need for more, you're ruining the magic of soloing.
Last edited by Aziraphale at May 16, 2008,
Quote by XianXiuHong

And it depends what you play, but from great guitar players I'm going to assume you mean people who can shred soulfully.

They think they're alright.

It's only the crappy 3 chord songs with nuts in a vice style singing that get a woman to like your playing.

How's that cave treating you?
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Most women wouldn't appreciate your skills.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

just because u cant shred doesnt mean u have to pms everywhere

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Quote by webbtje
Don't be silly. Women don't think.

hahahaha win
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Page 1 of 3