I figured this out quite a while back, it's ppretty simple and straight forward.

Get an MP3 file, whether it be a song or a sound, it doesn't matter, choose whatever you want.

Now open a new folder in windows, click tools, click options then untick the box which says "hide extensions for known filetypes apply it then click ok.

Now rename the MP3 you have to "nudge.wma" and go into C:\program files\windows live\messenger and look for nudge.wma and rename it to something like "nudge.bkp" to back it up then paste it your "nudge.wma" file and then if you wish to hide extensions again for known filetypes (personally I keep it disabled) then follow the procedure again, except re-tick it then apply.

Now whenever you nudge your friend from your MSN that sound/music file will play all the way through and the only way to stop it is to exit MSN (not even sure if that works either)

Highly annoying and funny

(Remember to do this on your friends PC and not your own, lol.)
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
I just tend to subscribe people to hundreds of online newsletters.
Got rid of my girl problems a month back.
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by Ichikurosaki

But srsly, i cba.

I can.

Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by galapogo
Sounds fun, but surely they would just block you after the first couple of times?

Yep, but the same thing happens when any contact nudges them, not just you
They probably won't even realise what's going on, because it only takes one nudge to have the song play the whole way through.
Gear

It's all I need.

I dont have any friends.

How do you like that wiseguy.
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes"

"Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through"

Quote by Moe.
I just tend to subscribe people to hundreds of online newsletters.
Got rid of my girl problems a month back.

Strategic Genious. Man thats a brilliant idea!

Quote by YngwieJnr
I dont have any friends.

How do you like that wiseguy.

lol "He went there"!
why does it work if you rename a mp3 to wman :S
The Elephant asked the Camel , oh why is your breast on your back Camel? To which the Camel replied, Why that is a strange question from someone with their dick on their face!
Quote by angry armadillo
why does it work if you rename a mp3 to wman :S

Because when you click the nudge button, the messenger program locates the file "nudge.wma" in the C:\program files\windows live\messenger folder.

If you stick a file called "Cacophony - Concerto.mp3" then it won't make any sense. Likewise if you renamed it to nudge.mp3, the program is configured to look for a specific file.
Gear

It's all I need.

Quote by SamTotman

Now open a new folder in windows

What like 'my documents'?
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by guitarist41
What like 'my documents'?

Yep, any kind of folder. My documents would work.
Gear

It's all I need.

Quote by freedoms_stain
That is dastardly.

Oh my god. I hadn't read your post and I thought 'that sure is dastardly', and then scrolled down, and the first thing I saw was that!
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
Ohohoho.... Somebody's gonna get rickrolled tonight

The only problem is actually gaining access to their computer.
Quote by SamTotman

Now rename the MP3 you have to "nudge.wma" and go into C:\program files\windows live\messenger and look for nudge.wma

Going on everything I know about computers, I'd say that wouldn't work at all. If you started with a .WMA, you'd be fine, but you can't just change the file type of a file. It's like trying to use Winamp to open a Word document...
Quote by saphrax
Going on everything I know about computers, I'd say that wouldn't work at all. If you started with a .WMA, you'd be fine, but you can't just change the file type of a file. It's like trying to use Winamp to open a Word document...

This is what I at first assumed.

However, I am aware you can give things the wrong extension in certain cases and still have them work. For example, when you download torrents you will more often than not get what windows recognises as a System Information file, but opening with notepad reveals a text document.

I'm assuming MSN can use both types so the extension is only there for indexing.
Quote by Vermintide

However, I am aware you can give things the wrong extension in certain cases and still have them work. For example, when you download torrents you will more often than not get what windows recognises as a System Information file, but opening with notepad reveals a text document.

I'm assuming MSN can use both types so the extension is only there for indexing.

Exactly, although I have gone and changed the file type, the program is still capable of opening it and recognizing it's contents.

You are correct however though Saphrax, with some more complex file types, such as .exe and such and also most video files, will play fine in some programs ie. winamp and such but with a lot of players that isn't the case.
Gear

It's all I need.

Quote by Time Seller
And I thought I was alone in doing so.

It works wonders hey?
A week after subscribing that 'girl' I spoke about to those newsletters she needed a new email account.
Signatures are overrated.
lol i did something similar on my "friends" laptop, in that i changed the shut-down sound to a 2 minute audio-clip of a woman climaxing...

needles to say the sound of me being punched drowned out the womans screams...
Quote by Vermintide

Ah, the old system information files hiding all the exciting info for your new torrent. Some of the worlds best (and worse) ASCII artwork is found there!

Quote by SamTotman
Exactly, although I have gone and changed the file type, the program is still capable of opening it and recognizing it's contents.

You are correct however though Saphrax, with some more complex file types, such as .exe and such and also most video files, will play fine in some programs ie. winamp and such but with a lot of players that isn't the case.

I dare say that not only does MSN check the file name and extension, but also the file headers and checksums to work out what the file actually is.
*wants to do this to his own computer, to make nudges less annoying*

Seriously, thankyou for this. Now I have to find someone who is on MSN a lot, and then how t access their computer.
so i can change my own nudge file and it will work?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by metallicafan616
so i can change my own nudge file and it will work?

Yep.
Gear

It's all I need.

Lol, the longer the better. They will become so annoyed and have no idea what's going on, lol.
Gear

It's all I need.

Octavarium by Dream Theater. It's 20+ mins long. Or just generate an hour of static in Soundforge or Audacity or whatever.
put the first nudge sound in an audio file, then 5 mins of silence THEN music/noise
so they wont link the nudge, with the sound
Quote by kiyiko
put the first nudge sound in an audio file, then 5 mins of silence THEN music/noise
so they wont link the nudge, with the sound

That is bloody smart. What are you doing in the pit?
Quote by King Krapp
That is bloody smart. What are you doing in the pit?

I am collecting people, from here, on my MSN
I intend to kill them all.
Join the list?
add me LoveAtKiyikoDotCom
and yes......my msn addy is better than yours.
I>U
Quote by kiyiko
I am collecting people, from here, on my MSN
I intend to kill them all.
Join the list?
add me LoveAtKiyikoDotCom
and yes......my msn addy is better than yours.
I>U

Eh, why not