Hi,

After listening to AC/DC non stop for the last few weeks I really wanna get an SG guitar and have decided to either go for a Gibson SG Special http://www.google.co.uk/product_url?q=http://www.andertons.co.uk/acatalog/info_SGSCWCCH1.html%3Futm_source%3DFroogle%26utm_medium%3DFroogle&fr=ACu9ObKeYRhTZO-x7OMxXPxZGJ2pEwZ89k8I-fQn-v9bWVYnAua27dX-M46O6_EHlY2L6Z65FHrl2sH710Nrq8B5boMvD9tk4jSg8BhA4w_1yvb_mxDBNSMRHgkdKOxEzAfXz3JewlZoHvaqJqRt_WQyBb7EtowXQwAAAAAAAAAA&gl=uk&hl=en&sa=title

or this Tokai SG http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tokai-USG35-Electric-Guitar-Black-SG-Style-Guitar_W0QQitemZ370050568065QQihZ024QQcategoryZ112670QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have a Tokai Goldstar Strat and absolutely love it and have always heard good things about Tokai like the're just as good if not better than a Gibson or US Fender.

At the moment I'm tempted by the Tokai mainly because of the price, but if the Gibson is worth the extra dosh then I'll go for that.

Can't really spend more than £450

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Sam
TOKAI GOLDSTAR STRAT (SHELL PINK)
FENDER MIJ STRAT (ARCTIC WHITE)

EPIPHONE AJ ACOUSTIC LTD EDITION

ROLAND MICROCUBE
That particular Tokai won't be that good. For one thing it has a Nato body. I think the more expensive Tokais are the really good ones.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
my friend has a jap tokai and it kicks ass. its lighter then a gibson by far, more comfortable to play and way more worth the value. costed him $1500 Aussie dollars. dunno if its in ur price range dude.
Gibson it is then!

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Sam
TOKAI GOLDSTAR STRAT (SHELL PINK)
FENDER MIJ STRAT (ARCTIC WHITE)

EPIPHONE AJ ACOUSTIC LTD EDITION

ROLAND MICROCUBE
okay, First-Off if you Have to make a Decision to Choose between any TRUE Gibson USA Guitar, then you ALWAYS CHOOSE THE GIBSON. Second...I just think you should go either Right Here or Musician's Friend & Look for "Faded Finish"....& #3, YOU ALWAYS GET A HARDSHELL GIBSON USA CASE with your Axe.......

Now, the Thing About SG's.....is that The SG's that have a Set Neck, Seem to Break off A Lot...I Wouldn't know, because I've only bought 2 Gibson USA Guitars in my Life and I bought BOTH of them Brand New from a Music Store (actually, now that I think of it, I bought both of them from the Guitar Center in Natick, MA...) one was a Black Gibson Les Paul Melody Maker with 1 P-90 Pickup. and the other, is a Cherry Finish 1967 Gibson USA Flying V with the Black Form-Fit Gibson USA Hardshell Case (Which for what that Case cost me, I Could have Bought a Second NICE Guitar; Like a made in Mexico Fender Stratocaster with a One Piece Maple Neck w/ a Maple Fretboard....)
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
He's right....the only reason I say to buy the Gibson is cuz they're really expensive & most of the time they're super-valuable....and If you like found a really good deal on a really old classic gibson on Craigslist or at a yard sale or something like that being sold by someone who has NO F-ING CLUE WTF IT IS (that's called a "Closet Case")

.....But what REALLY counts as far as guitars go is how well it plays, & how comfortable it is for you...just so happens that I've had REALLY good luck with Gibson true Fender Stratocasters/Telecasters (not Squier except ones from the 1980s and the Early 1990s cuz the 1st Squiers were made in Mexico....and after that they were made in Japan...Eventually Squier factories made their way over to Taiwan, & now, I think they're made in Indonesia....& the reason they're so cheap is cuz labor cost for factory workers in Indonesia is like 0.05% of what labor costs would be someplace in a place like Detroit or Boston or New York or Wherever...Cuz a 10 year-old in Indonesia will work for 50-Cents a day with no bathroom brakes and no lunch break)
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
Last edited by Mazz- at May 16, 2008,
Quote by timi_hendrix
That particular Tokai won't be that good. For one thing it has a Nato body. I think the more expensive Tokais are the really good ones.

agreed.

Here's the thing- you've linked to a £200 tokai, and a £400 Gibson. Which is stupid.

You should be looking at the £400-£500 tokais, which will be japanese-built, and will most likely kick ass.

Quote by Mazz-
okay, First-Off if you Have to make a Decision to Choose between any TRUE Gibson USA Guitar, then you ALWAYS CHOOSE THE GIBSON.

gtfo
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
+18356303362
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Monetary value doesn't match up - Get the Gibson if those are the only two you're looking at...
Quote by burrit0
Pshh, Christians rebel against evil.

-Gibson Les Paul Custom -
-Random acoustic guitar that's 36 years old -
-Epiphone Dot Deluxe -
-Gibson Les Paul Studio -
-Epiphone PR200E -
Quote by Mazz-
He's right....the only reason I say to buy the Gibson is cuz they're really expensive & most of the time they're super-valuable....and If you like found a really good deal on a really old classic gibson on Craigslist or at a yard sale or something like that being sold by someone who has NO F-ING CLUE WTF IT IS (that's called a "Closet Case")

.....But what REALLY counts as far as guitars go is how well it plays, & how comfortable it is for you...just so happens that I've had REALLY good luck with Gibson true Fender Stratocasters/Telecasters (not Squier except ones from the 1980s and the Early 1990s cuz the 1st Squiers were made in Mexico....and after that they were made in Japan...Eventually Squier factories made their way over to Taiwan, & now, I think they're made in Indonesia....& the reason they're so cheap is cuz labor cost for factory workers in Indonesia is like 0.05% of what labor costs would be someplace in a place like Detroit or Boston or New York or Wherever...Cuz a 10 year-old in Indonesia will work for 50-Cents a day with no bathroom brakes and no lunch break)

Lol went off a little tangent there talking about squier.

Get the Gibson, or an Epi
Gibson, Thought im not to familiar with Tokais Pricing (i.e when they start getting good) that Gibson is better in this case.

i have one, plays great.