ive been toying with the idea of adding a push/pull pot to my bass. i want to do an out of phase wiring for the middle toggle selection (3 toggle switch). but i was wondering, since i have an extra 500k guitar pushpull pot sitting on my table, will a guitar one work? or do i need a bass specific one?
pots are pots. now the VALUE of the pot is what may be debated. I've seen both 500k and 250 k used on basses. and my active bass has other pots, can't remember at the moment, probably 25k.

im not too sure about the phase wiring on a bass though...depends on the pups you're using, and the conductors on them.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Basses use 50k or 100k pots. Higher values make it sound more trebly, so a 500k will sound alot brighter than a 50k. And yes, the difference is audible; it's not one of those 'tone-chaser' things that aren't even audible, like drilling a hole for a pot into the top of an acoustic when installing a piezo.
so if i did it on the tone knob i could kill some of the tone to give it a bassier sound? or is it a bad idea from the start, and just buy a new pot.