9 26%
Jazz Bass - Metallic Blue
5 15%
P Bass Special - Candy Apple Red
7 21%
P Bass Special - Satin Pewter
13 38%
Voters: 34.
Defenatly a jazz bass if you ask me. Probably the red one the blue one is real ugly. but im not to fond on metallic colors on bass.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
Well, tone is entirely subjective. Also, Squiers have quality control issues. Try the basses in person and then pick the one that sounds best to you. Some squiers are very nice instruments for the price. Others are dire, especially in the Affinity and Standard lines.

As tone is entirely subjective (no beginner instrument is going to sound great), and they are all of a similar standard, you should pick one based of feel. The necks of jazz and precision basses are very different. Some people are far more comfortable on one that the other, and this is how you should pick a first bass.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
basically i agree with what jack said

on a side note you can also get the jazz bass in both candy apple red and satin pewter look at the standard series
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
yea the necks are way different on a Jazz.

I like the P specials cuz they have 2 pups, (makes them sound more like a Jazz haha) they'll both sound pretty good. just get the least tacky colour. (the metallics can look a little cheap IMO)
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
i don't recommend the Affinity series, and if your gonna get a Squier, look at the Vintage Modified series. they are the best Squier has to offer.
Quote by gm jack
Well, tone is entirely subjective. Also, Squiers have quality control issues. Try the basses in person and then pick the one that sounds best to you. Some squiers are very nice instruments for the price. Others are dire, especially in the Affinity and Standard lines.

As tone is entirely subjective (no beginner instrument is going to sound great), and they are all of a similar standard, you should pick one based of feel. The necks of jazz and precision basses are very different. Some people are far more comfortable on one that the other, and this is how you should pick a first bass.

I agree with you on that, but in this case the Squier P bass specials have the same neck as a Jazz bass, so the feel of the neck should be the same.
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
Out of them, I'd go with the P-Special.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
i don't recommend the Affinity series, and if your gonna get a Squier, look at the Vintage Modified series. they are the best Squier has to offer.

What this man said.

Play the thing, don't just pick what other people want you to. Figure out which you like more, I bought a jazz, but Im wishing I had bought a P-bass, in fact I might go buy one today. In my opinion the jazz is to mellow for what I like to play, At the Drive-In, Sparta, etc. Just remember its your hard earned cash
Quote by 83lespaulstudio

i don't have THAT much money though lol
if i had enough i would get vintage modified...no doubt
but i can't so i just have limited choices
wow...COOKIES!!
Then save up for another few months and get the VM. It is far more likely to be a good bass. I was lucky with my affinity Jazz, in that it plays pretty well. I have also seen some that are absolutely foul. If you don't go and try a load out, and pick out the best one, you are likely to get a bass that could hamper your playing.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I don't really have time to save coz I need a bass urgently so I'm hoping to get one next week
wow...COOKIES!!