Probably. Seattle seems like a pretty hip town.

Also, Frasier lives there.
Last edited by sargasm at May 16, 2008,
Welcome to 1991.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by rickyy
Welcome to 1991.

Yeah, I bet grunge is the only music that ever has, or ever will happen in seattle.
Actually, Seattle's great. I lived there for a while, there's lots of little clubs and its great for musicians trying to start their career. And, more than just grunge has come from Seattle. There's lots of metal, indie, and other acts that come from there, too. Another place you might look into is Portland, OR.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
(Progressive Metal is) like playing Nirvana, but faster, with little or no powerchords, cleanly, with more technique, and complex time signatures.

**** seattle that place spawned grunge
Lets make a toast...To women's underwear its not the best thing in the world but its next to it...
Quote by studioworks700s
**** seattle that place spawned grunge

Says the guy with a Korn avatar. The nu-metal movement owes a lot to grunge. In fact, most nu-metal is basically grunge but without any melody or talent involved.

Anyway, grunge is awesome, but last I heard, Seattle's music scene is no longer anything special. It's not like I live there though, so don't take my word for it.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Says the guy with a Korn avatar. The nu-metal movement owes a lot to grunge. In fact, most nu-metal is basically grunge but without any melody or talent involved.

Anyway, grunge is awesome, but last I heard, Seattle's music scene is no longer anything special. It's not like I live there though, so don't take my word for it.

no talent in metal?? **** that thats a very ignorant comment i have that avatar because im a fan of KoRn and yes they have alot of grunge influences they themselves are not grunge...
Lets make a toast...To women's underwear its not the best thing in the world but its next to it...
Quote by studioworks700s
no talent in metal?? **** that thats a very ignorant comment i have that avatar because im a fan of KoRn and yes they have alot of grunge influences they themselves are not grunge...

what was said was no talent in nu-metal, not no talent in metal.
Quote by studioworks700s

No talent in NU-metal. And I didn't even say all nu-metal, I said MOST, because I like to avoid sweeping generalisations. After all, I haven't even heard every nu-metal song ever written, but the majority of nu-metal requires little talent. And I know they're not grunge, but they wouldn't exist if grunge hadn't have happened, and they certainly wouldn't be popular.

Anyway, keep on rollin'...
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
i was there pretty recently for 2 months visiting a friend. the scene there is kind of dead. and by kind of dead i mean obliterated. it sucks. dont bother.

+1 to Portland kid.
Quote by sargasm
Yeah, I bet grunge is the only music that ever has, or ever will happen in seattle.

Jimi Hendrix was just an illusion.
Quote by break-me-in
No talent in NU-metal. And I didn't even say all nu-metal, I said MOST, because I like to avoid sweeping generalisations. After all, I haven't even heard every nu-metal song ever written, but the majority of nu-metal requires little talent. And I know they're not grunge, but they wouldn't exist if grunge hadn't have happened, and they certainly wouldn't be popular.

Anyway, keep on rollin'...

Korn was around before grunge got popular, home boy. And they were fans of 80s pop music more than they were fans of grunge. Except Fred Durst, who apparently wants Kurt Cobain's dick.

..God I'm depressed that I know that.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Jimi Hendrix was just an illusion.

Korn was around before grunge got popular, home boy. And they were fans of 80s pop music more than they were fans of grunge. Except Fred Durst, who apparently wants Kurt Cobain's dick.

I don't blame you.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by rickyy
I don't blame you.

I need to quit following the history of pop culture.

...That song they did with Ice Cube was off the hook, though. You have to admit that.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Jack Off Jill

But they sound so grunge-influenced...? Hm, whatever, they still wouldn't have broken into the mainstream without the grunge movement. Also, you should probably see a psychiatrist about your intimate knowledge of Korn's band history.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
But they sound so grunge-influenced...? Hm, whatever, they still wouldn't have broken into the mainstream without the grunge movement. Also, you should probably see a psychiatrist about your intimate knowledge of Korn's band history.

Please, it isn't like grunge were the first people to play heavy riffs and sing about sad stuff. Someone was bound to start doing it if the grunge guys didn't. People were already sick of hair metal anyway, which is why it was so easy for the take over to happen.

..Dude, I was in the fifth grade.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill

...That song they did with Ice Cube was off the hook, though. You have to admit that.

I haven't heard that one but I didn't mind their version of 'Sanitarium.'
Quote by rockon1824
I'm pretty sure the Seattle suicide rate is the highest in the country, so it must be a wonderful place to live.

St. Louis is the number one most dangerous city in America, and yet it is awesome here anyway. To each his own. Personally, no one has ever stuck a gun in my face. Except for one time when my friend Eric and I were playing live action Resident Evil with his dad's pistols.

...Seriously, almost anything Ice Cube puts his name on is awesome, unless it is a movie. So, Korn isn't really all that bad. I even kinda like some of their music from their first and third album. (I feel I can embaress myself because my taste in music is usually perfect. I'm allowed to listen to bad music every now and again.)
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by rockon1824
I'm pretty sure the Seattle suicide rate is the highest in the country, so it must be a wonderful place to live.

meh, makes sense. every single time i've been there it's overcast.
I want to at least live there for a while once in my life, I love rain and of course pay tribute to Hendrix
i've lived there for seven years, and to me it's great, i love the wheather, people and almost every "good" band plays there, unlike "music city" tennessee. I'm moving back when i'm 18
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by Audio™
I want to at least live there for a while once in my life, I love rain and of course pay tribute to Hendrix

Get an exact replica of his Plaster casters statue.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill

Children Of the Korn?

Yeah thats cool
I live in Seattle...

and to answer TS' question: Partly.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.