It was FREAKING harder than i thought! apparently the AQA one was waaaaay better - i messed up on World Music...
i dont know if im with edexcel or not... i think im aqa... but i thought it wasnt too bad...
gutted there was no sitar though

if you did screw it up, you dont actually need a music qualification for anything...
It's fecking easy. You just needed to state the obvious. There are no higher/foundation so they're writing it as if everyone taking it knows next to nothing. My mates did okay with this years anyways .
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by Winsbury

if you did screw it up, you dont actually need a music qualification for anything...

Ug self esteem -1
I did the OCR one

It was so ****ing difficult

All stuff about what scale is being played and so on.

We got lots of stuff about Baroque and Classical. No disco in sight :'(
Quote by Andron17
I did the OCR one

It was so ****ing difficult

All stuff about what scale is being played and so on.

We got lots of stuff about Baroque and Classical. No disco in sight :'(

That, my friend, could only be a good thing
On the raga question-how could this piece develop-or something like that, my friend actually put 'It could get more ****ing interesting'
Oh, i did one of them. (AQA, i think)

Surprisingly, the experimentalism/expressionism was the hardest bit! Oh, and a mention to the fusion/raga section which ****ed me up

Think i had classical and britpop/dance covered though

If you did my paper you'll recognise "sound the trumpet"!
i had the one with the Goblet of Fire track on it
anyone else? what board was that?
Quote by Aleene
Which one had harry potter on it?

I did that one

+1
Quote by Hypnotisation

Surprisingly, the experimentalism/expressionism was the hardest bit! Oh, and a mention to the fusion/raga section which ****ed me up

edexcel. that song was boring. I though one of the singers was a bloke for a bit haha.

She did have a manly sounding voice.
I did the AQA. It was easier than the past papers. Especialy the orchesteral landmarks question. We had a random Prog Rock Song too. Any thoughts on the exam?

An invidilator (sp) came into the class and started to dance to the last question. I was in tears

Edit. Mine had Potter in it
Quote by Hypnotisation

EDEXCEL.

Fusion and raga stuff was piss easy.

Alap

Sitar and Sarangi

Jhor, Jhala and Gat

pisss (:
Quote by TEK34
edexcel. that song was boring. I though one of the singers was a bloke for a bit haha.

She did have a manly sounding voice.

Ahhh, you mean a manly-sounding-quite-womanly-voice. I expected lulz from the dance track as well...but got none

EDIT:

Quote by tanglewoodguit
EDEXCEL.

Fusion and raga stuff was piss easy.

Alap

Sitar and Sarangi

Jhor, Jhala and Gat

pisss (:

You KNEW that? I think we were trying to catch a fly in a bottle when that was being taught
trust me, A level Music exams get ALOT harder, like seriously hard. it is near impossible to get an A on them unless you are like a chinese musical genious
A level music tech is fine, if that is what you are asking, just got two pretty easy papers to revise for
Quote by Nemesis117
trust me, A level Music exams get ALOT harder, like seriously hard. it is near impossible to get an A on them unless you are like a chinese musical genious

My school dropped it, just after they got a £800,000 performing arts grant
Quote by tanglewoodguit
It was a counter tenor =/

Oh, again i fail. I put "alto" for some unbeknown reason. I fail music knowledge, but i was pretty damn good at the performance and compositions