Currently, I have an epi SG special, and thinking of upgrading-

whats the cheapest place to get a Gibson SG?

I have seen a site over in the US (Im in the UK) called music123.com- they sell them for $700, about £450, but if I buy it from over there what import tax am I liable to pay?

Ta in advance
try the iommi SG mine really does play better than all the fadeds and is on par with the standards. Sounds like im just trying to promote my gutiar. IM not
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
Quote by bjh345
Currently, I have an epi SG special, and thinking of upgrading-

whats the cheapest place to get a Gibson SG?

I have seen a site over in the US (Im in the UK) called music123.com- they sell them for $700, about £450, but if I buy it from over there what import tax am I liable to pay?

Ta in advance

about £60 shipping, 3.5% import tax and 17.5% vat...usually applied to the full shipped price so.

+
+

so my guess is just over £600 for what I'm guessing is the Faded series - so exactly the same prices as buying one from GAK but with a lot more hassle.
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/72844
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Wow, thanks for the quick replys!

Will definately be getting on soon
i think that im late, but i got my gibson sg at guitar center for $500. that was a steal. all you have to do is keep comeing in and playing it / looking at it and they will eventualy mark it down.
Quote by steven seagull
about £60 shipping, 3.5% import tax and 17.5% vat...usually applied to the full shipped price so.

+
+

so my guess is just over £600 for what I'm guessing is the Faded series - so exactly the same prices as buying one from GAK but with a lot more hassle.
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/72844

not to mention, they probably aren't allowed to ship to the UK.

I'd just go with a quality japanese copy- edwards, tokai, greco, etc. etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?