i was looking for a new bass on musiciansfriend.com and i found a traben array bass. it looks awesome and all the review say its top notch at a low price. anyone have one or have expeirence with one, if you do can you give me the info on it? thanks
Just a quick word of advice. Never trust the reviews on the sites that are trying to sell you the product. Bad (i.e. critical) reviews are likely to be deleted, and most people reviewing will still be in the "OMG new toy!" mindset, and be unable to critsize the product properly.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Just a quick word of advice. Never trust the reviews on the sites that are trying to sell you the product. Bad (i.e. critical) reviews are likely to be deleted, and most people reviewing will still be in the "OMG new toy!" mindset, and be unable to critsize the product properly.

You are probably right, but I've seen a lot of negative reviews on musicansfriend.
Still, none or the reviews as particularly good, from what I have seen. They mostly consist of 'I love this because it is great' or, though not as common, 'I hate this, it sucks in every way'.

The reviews on the selling sites are much more opinion than a detailed breakdown of how it performs in different areas, what it excels in and any flaws it has.

Getting back on topic, I have heard Trabens are a decnt bass for the price, and apparently have a tone that suits more aggressive genres very well.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
and most people reviewing will still be in the "OMG new toy!" mindset, and be unable to critsize the product properly.

And thats whats wrong with a lot of reviews here too.

But you are right. A shop that sells an item will never tell you the item is crap.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
I have a Traben Phoenix, and i love it. If the price is right... go for it.
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.
Traben is basically an ibanez with a mudbucker and a special bridge. The bridge of trabens are easily the most identifiable part of the bass, and it does what it accomplishes. The bridge does help with sustain, but it is made of questionable parts. If you look in heavily used store models, you will find that the soft metal is heavily scratched. The body is surprisingly small, if you are used to a pbass, this is not for you. The pickups mainly consist of a soapbar and a mudbucker, highly reminescent of a gibson bass. As a Gibson, trabens have a muddy tone, although not to the extent of that of a Gibson.

Basically, it is priced ok, although there are better alternatives. If you really are obsessed with the style, but want a bass with better quality, I reccomend a Schecter, Dean Edge, or Ibanez. As for the Trabens, they are unique instruments, but I would NOT reccomend them to a novice. You need to know what you want if you are looking at a Traben.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke