Hi to all,

I have a really naive question about wiring an old guitar of mine.

I have one (double) magnet that has 3 wires (as in the drawing that i have made below). A red one, a white one and an unshielded one.
If someone wants to wire this magnet without volume or tone (just straight) to the output socket how should be done?

In the picture we have 3 wires from the magnet (pick)
1. dashed (must be the ground)
2. red (???)
3. white (???)

and one ground from the bridge
and of course the connection socket.
So how do i wire them together?
do i need a capacitor etc?

TIA!!!!!!!!
Attachments:
drawing.jpg
My guess would be Hot (Red perhaps?) to the tip, and black/ground/sleeve to bridge ground.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Unshielded is the ground most likely. Red and white might be hot for each coil? You could bust out a multimeter.
Quote by chikin pickle
Unshielded is the ground most likely. Red and white might be hot for each coil? You could bust out a multimeter.

In that case red and white go straight to the output socket tip?
no capacitors in between?

thanks!
If by unshielded, you mean it's a bare wire, then that probably goes to ground.

Red is hot, white is ground...

Technically it doesn't matter, since there's only one pickup. You could wire it the other way around, and it would work.

And, no, there would be no capacitors. Those are only for tone controls and maybe a treble bleed cap on the volume control.
Sometimes red and white is for single coil/humbucker. Dont know how well it would work if both were hooked to the output jack. Thats the way several sets of pickups I have red is humbucker hot and white is single coil hot, bare or braided is ground.