whenever i plug my bass in to my amp, it makes the feedback noise, the lead is pluged into the guitar and the amp fully, and when i touch any of the strings the noise gets louder.
what is it and what can i do?
soon someones gonna say
"well theres your problem!"
Last edited by n1ghtw15h at May 16, 2008,
What bass do you have? Sounds like it's not grounded properly

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Open it up & look around for a loose wire that doesn't look like it's meant to go anywhere, if there is one, that's the grounding wire and it needs to be connected to something metal, I can't remember where it's meant to go on a bass though.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
No sarcasm. I mean the bass.

Opening up the amp could result in death.

Quote by MightyAl
TS, if you don't have a soldering iron, and some experience in using one, then I would recommend you take this to someone who can use one.

Basically, open your bass up, and see if the wire coming from underneath your bridge (should be a hole drilled somewhere) is connected to the base of one of your pots. If it is, give it a firm, but gentle tug to ensure it hasn't broken inside the hole.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
cheers people (sorry for the sarcasm thing) ill take it to a shop see what they can do