i listen to very little i was just wondering if you guys think listening to alot of bands is better worse or just different in terms of your own playing

no i play probably 2 - 3 hours a day and only have a few bands that i really listen to so i spend more time listening to my own playing than alot of artist

im sorry you guys suck and would rathr listen to other people play your instrument how can you not love playing your guitar what are you doing on a guitar site

i just wanted to know how much time you guys invested into your own bands or music compared to others dont mean to offend

obviously no one on the pit takes their playing seriously no one just sits down with their guitar and just expresses themselves thats what music is all about that is hard to believe i was gonna delete this question because i got no reasonable answers but in retrospect the answers is loud and clear in your responses
Last edited by jamsking at May 16, 2008,
Quote by jamsking
i listen to very little i was just wondering if you guys think listening to alot of bands is better worse or just different in terms of your own playing

What could you possibly get out of listening to your own music over and over again?
Hi, I'm Peter
Do you mean your own band contra I.E Metallica?.... Ehm... I doubt I'd listen to my own music all that much if I had anything recorded...
Ive never met anyone who listens to their own music out of sheer joy a lot lol ?

I think inspiration can come from others.
Its important as a musician to have a wide tatse in music, and keep it fresh, I find.
What? just listening to your own music is a terrible idea.Everyone needs influences.

Can't stand listening to my own music because I'm a perfectionist and can always hear stuff that could be better.
Quote by Surfer Rosa

Can't stand listening to my own music because I'm a perfectionist and can always hear stuff that could be better.

+1.
Every time I listen to something I've recorded, I pick out a new problem.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Quote by Surfer Rosa
What? just listening to your own music is a terrible idea.Everyone needs influences.

Caribou?=) Does your music sound anything like your name?
Quote by Dirk Gently
What could you possibly get out of listening to your own music over and over again?

Since I make music I enjoy listening, what I get out of it is pleasure. And a learning experience, constantly correcting everything and picking out problems of course.
Quote by GrissomFan
Ive never met anyone who listens to their own music out of sheer joy a lot lol ?

I didn't think I would but after my band recorded our first EP I haven't stopped listening to it. I guess I'm just stoked with it. But I listen to other music far more, its not like I have the same 25 minute loop of music going all the time!
ALL THE PLAYERS ARE KEEN GRAVE MAKERS
Quote by jamsking

no i play probably 2 - 3 hours a day and only have a few bands that i really listen to so i spend more time listening to my own playing than alot of artist

im sorry you guys suck and would rathr listen to other people play your instrument how can you not love playing your guitar what are you doing on a guitar site

i just wanted to know how much time you guys invested into your own bands or music compared to others dont mean to offend

Hmmm.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
TS, playing Metallica riffs on your own guitar is still listening to other peoples compositions
If I were to listen to my own music it would probably be because I thought it was cool to hear a song I had written, and also to listen and see if there was anything that could be done better.

And someone please go grammar nazi on the TS
Member 15 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join.

Founder of the I love nickelodeon club. PM me to join.
seeing as i play for maybe... 3-4 hours everyday, give or take, and i listen most of the rest.
id say other bands.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.