Hey,

I'm buildin this guitar and i wanted an opinion on what kind of pick-ups would be good for Lamb of god style music, or Dragonforce style music, i'm trying to produce the general sound, with the pick-ups only atm.
its not a pick up thing, its and amp thing. High gain is all i can tell u for metal.
hmm well herman uses some sort of dimarzio pickup i think so try checking there for the ones he uses in his new signiture or the ibanez site will have it
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Well, for Lamb of God, try out a Mark IV.
For Dragonforce, plug into a gameboy (N64's work too) and mic it.

This isn't a pickup issue, this is an amp issue.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Its a Pickup, guitar and amp issue! if u want lamb of god sound u need a mahogany body guitar with seymour duncan SH-1s threw Messa Boogie Mk4!

For Herman Li u need a mahogany body, maple neck based guitar with Di Marzio pickups, I would say a Tone zone and a Air norton with coil tap on would give u the flexability for that sort of sound! Game boy trick is a genius idea!

I Use Dimarzio D Sonic and Air norton and tell u the variety of tones u can achive with them is amazing! but Decent Amp and Right Wood guitar is the key to perfection
Quote by coherer
Hey,

I'm buildin this guitar and i wanted an opinion on what kind of pick-ups would be good for Metal style music, or Shred style music, i'm trying to produce the general sound, with the pick-ups only atm.

FIXED
If this is your first time building, then just slap on any old pickup. Without a good amp, you really won't believe to hear the difference if you have "bad ears". It may be very slight, but you're better off getting some cheap pickup replacements and spending your money on a nice lil' tube combo.

And yes I know, Dragonforce isn't shred. But what else was I supposed to call it? Herman uses Dimarzio Evolutions if you wanted to know, just because nobody here mentioned it.
Schecter Daimen FR Special
Guitar Rig 3