I've been looking into getting a Univibe-style pedal.

So far, here's what's on my list:
Dunlop JD-4S Rotovibe
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dunlop-JD4S-Rotovibe-Expression-Pedal?sku=151210
Sweet Sound Mofeaux Vibe
http://www.analogman.com/mojovibe.htm
BBE Soul Vibe
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/BBE-Soul-Vibe-Pedal?sku=151034
Voodoo Labs MicroVibe
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Voodoo-Lab-Micro-Vibe-Pedal?sku=153500
Boss RT-20
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-RT20-Rotary-Speaker-Sound-Processor?sku=151040

As you can see, my budget is going to be just about 200 bucks. I can't see myself spending more than that on one effects pedal right nao.
So what can I get for that?

I considered building a Neovibe, but after looking at that high rate of failure with that particular build, I discarded the idea.

The ones that interest me the most are the Rotovibe, the Soul Vibe and the MicroVibe.
Experience? Recommendations?
check out the Fulltone Deja Vibe
its the real deal!
American Fender Strat
1979 Marshall Superlead
Real Mccoy Wizard Wah
Robert Keeley Boss Tremolo
Euthymia Crucible Fuzz
Fulltone OCD+Deja Vibe
Line 6 DL4
Analogman BC108
Prescription C.O.B

Im a Single Coil man
you could also try a lovepedal vibe. im pretty sure its well inside $200 and there's no waiting list.

the soulvibe is kinda choppy on some settings, and imo its not very throb-like. the mofaux vibe is also nice. you could get some samples here: http://www.sweetsound.com

its also good to support bob sweet right now.
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
I've only played the Boss RT-20 on the rotating speaker settings, but from what I've heard the Univibe setting isn't good at all. That's the only input I can offer here, sorry
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Hey John, i know i havent played any of these but from the clips and videos i have been listening to, the MoFaux Vibe and Micro Vibe sound great. The pedal dunlop has is a little scratchy and dry sounding, and the Boss just sounds too computer-y and fake. I dont know if that makes sense, but thats just what i hear when i listen to the clips.

Using Autumn as an example, i would say the Micro Vibe by Voodoo because it's less phasey and chorusy, at least to me. Speaking from the part of me that likes to hear cool effects and screw around, i would totally go for the MoFaux because it sounds really cool when it's turned up and the effects are deeper.

So, maybe the Micro Vibe if you aren't going to use the super deep chorus/flanger thingy or the MoFaux if you are.

Wise decision now paying of your debt, thats what i would have done
^Yeah, the MicroVibe is well loved, too. I should've picked this one up off craigslist a while a go, it was going for like 80-90 bucks, I think. I just checked out the LovePedal Vibe, and it sounds better than the Mofeaux Vibe.
I haven't liked what I've heard from Rotovibe clips, either, which sucks, because I like that it's foot controlled.
The Microvibe is the best of the cheaper ones. If I used mine more I'd probably upgrade to a Dejavibe, though.
Quote by forsaknazrael
^I was hoping you'd turn up. How deep can the Microvibe get? I've heard varying stories about the usefulness of the trimpots - what do you think?

It's to describe things like this, but for my use, it can definitely get too deep. You get the Bridge of Sighs sound with the intensity knob at about 2 o'clock; and I don't need much more depth than that.

The trimpot is used for biasing (or something), and Voodoo Labs say there is no reason to tweak it. I haven't actually heard of anyone improving the sound by using it either; so I've never touched it.
Obviously there is no substitute for comparing them all head-to-head, so the Microvibe might not be the best for you; but you definitely won't be disappointed.
Quote by forsaknazrael
^I don't have a TGP account! Damn! That's a great deal.

Who has an account, and wants to email the guy for me!

Davedoom: really? What's wrong with the Rotovibe? The reviews seem positive, although they it can't get that deep.

Cause it's red, duh? But no, really....
Build one so that i have someone ask questions to when my build fails miserably!
Seems to me like the deja vibe is dead and away the best copy... go used maybe?

or build one? yeah? (i'm sorta in the same dilemma, just don't have the money to contemplate buying one at the moment)
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
I can give me your email address..
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Quote by forsaknazrael
Pm'd.

I had a Microvibe, i traded it for a Monsterpiece 2 Headed Monster. I plan on buying a nice one when i get the cash, but the MV isnt bad at all. One trick i found with it is that unless your looking for a specific sound, if you want the Trower/Hendrix thing, whenever you add speed you have to decrease the intensity without it drastically changing the tone. But its a good vibe, especially on a budget.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
since you're checking out ebay, you may also want to check out a sweet sound mojovibe.

and if youre planning to increase your budget, check out a foxrox aquavibe as well
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
Quote by glaz31
since you're checking out ebay, you may also want to check out a sweet sound mojovibe.

Quote by forsaknazrael

As you can see, my budget is going to be just about 200 bucks.

200 bucks is his budget, i'd love to find a Mojovibe for 200
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45