I apologize if this is in the wrong section, but this seemed to be the best place to me. My string master robotic guitar tuner arrived today (lazy I know), and I love it simply for being able to quickly get into standard or drop d tuning so I can jump right into practicing songs. Problem is, as far as I can tell, there's no preset way to get into C standard (I'm looking to learn some of the simpler Dethklok songs, and pretty much all of their stuff is in C standard).

I'm probably way off on this, and about to look like a complete moron, but the tuner's manual mentions that it's possible to adjust the tuner's pitch, and that 440 hz is the standard "A" pitch. Again, I know I'm probably way on the wrong track here, but is this some sort of preset for alternate tunings? The available reference frequencies are 436, 438, 440, 442, 444, and 446. Will adjusting the tuner to one of these pitches get me into c standard? If not, what exactly does changing the pitch before tuning do?

I apologize for looking like a complete moron, but I really am very new to guitar. Can my robotic tuner get me into c standard? Or will I have to use a chromatic tuner to do so? Thank you in advance for any help given.
i think youd have to use a chromatic tuner, the pitch doesnt do anything special, just changes how sensitive the frequencies of the tuner are, dont feel embarrassed everyone was a noob at one point, and most of us still are in some cases
R.I.P brother dime

Reppin for the new york death metal scene
what makes a man?balls and weiner my friends, balls and weiner
the numbers are just frequency, keep it at 440, changing it just changes what frequency you want your "A" to be at. western music is 440. youll have to use a chromatic tuner. or you can play a C on your 5th string and tune your 6th string to an octave down and then tune the rest of the guitar to your 6th string. using a tuner would be a better idea because when you drop down your tuning on the whole guitar like that your C wont be an accurate C as it was when you just dropped down the one string. i dont know if that made sense, im not too good with explaining what im trying to say.

bottom line, use a chromatic tuner.
tune your lowest string to the C on the 3rd fret of the A string, but an octave down. then tune every other string from your lowest C string now just like you were tuning standard.
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Quote by Logz
Tuning thread is stickied at top fo this fourm.

Somehow missed that, sorry. Was specifically wondering if anyone had any experience with the string master, but it looks like I'll have to use a chromatic tuner to get to C standard (or use the suggestions here). Anyways, thanks for the help.