I am going to buy one of these tomorrow for various reasons. However i also need something to use to record guitar onto a computer (nothing spectacular, was going to get a RockFrog) However is the Line6 Pod 2.0 able to connect to a computer so I can record directly onto it?
pod 2 will need a microphone/instrument input on a sound card to connect directly to your pc for recording. Just watch the output level as you can easily fry the input.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by RyanGillam
I am going to buy one of these tomorrow for various reasons. However i also need something to use to record guitar onto a computer (nothing spectacular, was going to get a RockFrog) However is the Line6 Pod 2.0 able to connect to a computer so I can record directly onto it?

The POD 2.0 does not stream audio down any USB cable and doesnt have USB connection like the POD XT and higher units do.

You will need an audio interface, I suggest something like the m-audio Fast Track USB if you are on a budget, a PreSonus Inspire 1394 would be better.

An audio interface bypasses your stock sound card, (which is not made to record anyways...) and gives better audio recording and playback. Get one with inputs and outputs and a preamp or two on board.
Last edited by moody07747 at May 16, 2008,