Page 1 of 2
Fairly self explanatory, what was your biggest dissapointment at a gig?

Was it a cancelled show or a poor performance?

For me when Audioslave cancelled Leeds Festival , o well i'm seeing RATM at Leeds this year
Originally posted by jklsadj;sadjfak
well, green day was at woodstock. so they are classic rock! i told you!
Originally posted by Iluvpowerchords
Pfff Gay people are Fags
Personally, its when YOUR band is playing a gig and hardly anyone turns up, or you play last and everyone leaves just before you go on set
When I drove an hour and a half to see Portugal. The man, wasted another hour in the venue, and they canceled and I wasn't aware of it until I had already wasted time, money, and gasoline.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I went to see an average band for a great support, and Johny Foreigner pulled out. Gutted. They're really great live too, apparantly on that tour they got a stage invasion almost every night
Quote by gorecore=me
is a bidet a type of crisp?
I was supposed to be going to a rock festival called Nova Rock, Rage Against the Machine, Sex Pistols, Judas Priest, Incubus, Motorhead and so so many more bands that I like but you guys probably don't know (german speaking bands). I also wanted to go to Scotland this summer to get a motorbike license.

Well, my Dad decides we're going to Scotland while this festival is on. I'm still absolutely gutted.
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
Maiden and Trivium.

You can't rock out properly to the newest Maiden album, and the Crusade album was ****e =[

i saw that tour

playing the whole new album was taking the piss completely
Originally posted by jklsadj;sadjfak
well, green day was at woodstock. so they are classic rock! i told you!
Originally posted by Iluvpowerchords
Pfff Gay people are Fags
Quote by uk.mace
erm... probably the sound for mastodon when metallica played wembley. the levels were ****tily done and all you could hear was bass and drums

I thought the sound was suprisingly good when Metallica came on; certainly suited the mood I thought.

I guess it depended where you were.
When Limp Bizkit pulled out of download fest at donington a few years back.
I know they got sh*t but its still one band i think would be great live.
Also when messugah(sp) cancelled a Glasgow date a few years ago was quite sh*t but i think a guitarist broke his arm or something, couldnt be helped anyway.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
I saw Against Me! and they were absolute garbage. They all had terrible stage presence, the sound quality was terrible, and the only one who could play his instrument was the bassist.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
umm...i don't have a famous band one, but at a gig i played, i was disappointed and pissed when a drunken lead singer from another band walked right into our drummers bass drum and wrecked it
When JFAC played at Gigantour. Just plain awful.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
When Biffly Clyro opened for QOTSA in march...
I love the band , but they sounded awful , the sound was like a smack in the face

They were very nice at pukkelpop though
The Beach Boys at the Cocoa Beach Pier back in '06. I went because my guitar teacher's band was the opener, and they rocked the entire place. Then the Beach Boys had a 10 piece band that did all of the work for them while they lip synced poorly.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Quote by Red33
I saw Against Me! and they were absolute garbage. They all had terrible stage presence, the sound quality was terrible, and the only one who could play his instrument was the bassist.

Stupid question perhaps; were you a fan prior to this?

I'd hate to see a band I liked and have to admit they sucked live.
I went to the kerrang tour, it was great.
but i had to sit through a madina lake set, need i say more?
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by charlie__flynn

2nd!

They were rubbish, scary emo kids though.

Personally when White Stripes cancelled their UK tour

Was going to be so good.
Gear List

Guitars
PRS SE Tremonti
Ltd Mh-100qmnt
Peavey Rotor ex
Crafter Acoustic

Amps
Bugera 333
Bugera 412h

Effects
Marshall Shredmaster
Line 6 MM4
Line 6 DL4
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Dan Electro Fish'n'chips
Ibanez LU-10
i got to projekt revolution early to watch HIM and get free monster...then i had to sit through taking back sunday and my chemical romance so i could get to see linkin park. and the worst part is the lead singer from MCR deep throated the mic and told every male in the audience to take their shirts off. just my luck, im sitting behind the fat kid in a MCR tshirt...he loved every minute of it while i held back my pretzels. and they werent letting people who left come back in so i had to sit through it. but linkin park put on the best concert ive seen so it was well worth it
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Quote by charlie__flynn

Plus. ****ing. One.

And the second time I saw Avenged Sevenfold was a bit wank
i was supppost to play the palladium tomorrow.
then the bassist quit and the other 3 turned gay.
too bad for that
Quote by armon77
im american but i think canada would win. they would probably lay low until everyone took each other out and then finish the last one standing off in one fell swoop. sneaky bastards.
Biggest gig disappointment for me was easily the Red Hot Chili Peppers at Reading Festival 2007, they were terrible.
Quote by guithardon
i was supppost to play the palladium tomorrow.
then the bassist quit and the other 3 turned gay.
too bad for that

Can you not play with gay people?

Homophobe
Hm...this is actually a gig my band played.

Lead guitarist was in hospital with a serious disease, so we arranged all our songs before had for a trio, and it turned out okay. We were due to support a band, and being the only support for the night, we thought we'd best get our sh-it together.

When we got there, the band had signed up 10 other support acts, and we ended up doing 2 songs each O_O

Plus, we were on last of the long list of support acts, so everyone was tired and couldn't be arsed listening to us.

For a gig I've been to...hm...

MCR last year in Aberdeen. Full of whiny 12 year olds (I'm not kidding, literally 9-12 year olds caked in makeup with their parents) and besides a number of older fans around the outside, we seem to be the only people there who were over 18 T_T
Quote by gallagher2006
MCR last year in Aberdeen. Full of whiny 12 year olds (I'm not kidding, literally 9-12 year olds caked in makeup with their parents) and besides a number of older fans around the outside, we seem to be the only people there who were over 18 T_T

Sorry to be cliché but that literally sounds like a nightmare!
i went to a breaking benjamin concert, the one in atlanta, just as they were about to come out ben got sick and they canceled and they still haven't made up. that pissed me off
When Chevelle Played "I get It" off time.

Also when I heard MCR was at Buzzfest. It was going so good until they announced them on the lineup.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Bullet For My Valentine, supporting Guns N' Roses in 2006. They were alright I guess, but Sebastian Bach and even GN'R were way better
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
Quote by uk.mace
erm... probably the sound for mastodon when metallica played wembley. the levels were ****tily done and all you could hear was bass and drums

Yeah, that was pretty terrible. Bit of a contrast really, the sound for Metallica was perfect from where I was.

Other than that, I think my biggest gig disappointment was Funeral For A Friend. ll round **** gig, poor sound, poor performance, poor choice of songs.
A few weeks ago I was supposed to see Parkway Drive and Suicide Silence. I was really excited. On the day of the gig, the racist mf bouncers wouldn't let me in saying that my ticket was fake, but let my friends that I was going with in. I bought all our tickets from the Box Office. WTF :/ I had to sit outside in the cold for 3 hours
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1
my penis has a restraining order against me because i beat it

Quote by treflip
Yeah, that was pretty terrible. Bit of a contrast really, the sound for Metallica was perfect from where I was.

Other than that, I think my biggest gig disappointment was Funeral For A Friend. ll round **** gig, poor sound, poor performance, poor choice of songs.

When I went to Wembley to see Tallica I literally only saw them; spent the hours prior drinking around various pubs.

I think I made the right decision as I heard HIM when buying a tshirt and some beer inside, sounded very meh.
Quote by charlie__flynn

I went to that. And I agree, but tbh, I see them in a new light now, they put on a hell of a show despite being the worst band there. Obviously, Coheed pwnt their asses, but nonetheless, good show OMGZ. Aren't you Charlie Flynn from QEGS? Saad's mate? LOL
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1

Quote by Lostprophets$$$
I went to that. And I agree, but tbh, I see them in a new light now, they put on a hell of a show despite being the worst band there. Obviously, Coheed pwnt their asses, but nonetheless, good show OMGZ. Aren't you Charlie Flynn from QEGS? Saad's mate? LOL

Jumping around like wankers and preaching like twat does not make a good show
Quote by GiantRaven

Word.

I had the unfortunate experience of seeing them at the Brixton date. I'm sure you've heard about what happened.... All the other bands were fantastic though, especially Circa Survive.

And to the other guy: Yeah, HIM were terrible. I couldn't even just sit and drink, I was only 15 then, and only 16 now Was a fantastic gig though, Reading should be fun as well.
Quote by GiantRaven

IN YOUR OPINION.

I'm not a fan of them at all, but in my opinion, they did put on a good show and really engaged the crowd and got them singing along/moshing/etc. And I hate most pop-punk, so there ya go. You're entitled to your own opinion and I won't say anything, don't waste your time trying to challenge mine, I shall just pwn you with my epic sense of superiority
Quote by whiteraven119

That's me

Quote by jaridv1

Page 1 of 2