I dont know if I want to get a Warwick Bass (probably a Corvette Standard 5 or 6) or custom shop a Schecter or ESP.

The custom shop would be more personal, but i'm in love with Warwick and it's my dream to own one.

And custom shopped bass prices depend on the equipment in them, correct?
Warwick have a custom shop. A damn good one at that.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
i saw a nice jazz bass in the fender custom shop once, i think it had an ash body, transparent ebony finish, binded rosewood neck. and some fancy bridge and hardwares thrown at it too.
it was sooo nice.
although right now not my cup of tea purely coz ive found out that slpit coils are really good... really really good
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Quote by dismemborgasm
I dont know if I want to get a Warwick Bass (probably a Corvette Standard 5 or 6) or custom shop a Schecter or ESP.

The custom shop would be more personal, but i'm in love with Warwick and it's my dream to own one.

And custom shopped bass prices depend on the equipment in them, correct?

Warwick is a very good bass guitar brand, but their a little on the pricy side, but very worth it. custom shops are just plain too much money considering on how they overprice it by alot. TIP: if you get a shecter, make sure that its a neck-through (a.k.a the neck is apart of the body, not bolted), this increasus sustain and the holy S*** factor (and makes other people envios). but if i were you, i wouldnt get a costom shop. you end up having to pay 2X more for the guitar than it is realy worth. if it were me i would just get the Warwick. the pickup position is perfect and sounds awesome with a solid body.
Not all custom shops are a rip off. The Warwick Custom shop just adds charges on top of the bass's base cost (you essentially get a pimped out standard model).

My custom shop Corvette (custom part was an Ebony fretboard, not a lot I know) and the £100 Flight Case it came with for less than the base cost of the instrument on GAK. It is an absolutely fantastic instrument, and I feel that the ebony fingerboard has changed the tone to exactly what I want.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
custom shop could be a good idea but only if you really know what you want

BTW any idea how much is a bass of the fender custom shop? nothing to fancy just a great bass with some custom specs
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by litus
custom shop could be a good idea but only if you really know what you want

BTW any idea how much is a bass of the fender custom shop? nothing to fancy just a great bass with some custom specs

Your first born son, that's the cost.
Quote by gm jack
Not all custom shops are a rip off. The Warwick Custom shop just adds charges on top of the bass's base cost (you essentially get a pimped out standard model).

My custom shop Corvette (custom part was an Ebony fretboard, not a lot I know) and the £100 Flight Case it came with for less than the base cost of the instrument on GAK. It is an absolutely fantastic instrument, and I feel that the ebony fingerboard has changed the tone to exactly what I want.

Well go to hell you damn European!

Another thing to ask yourself is if you would get anything out of the ordinary. If it just would be a great bass period, may as well get a Warwick. But if you want your name as an inlay and stuff like that, than Custom Shop is the way to go.
Quote by gm jack
Warwick have a custom shop. A damn good one at that.

+1 to Warwick custom shop. I think they're doing ramps and everything now.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by fortysix&2
+1 to Warwick custom shop. I think they're doing ramps and everything now.

They can do almost anything you want, so long as it is based on one of their models. I've seen them do 8 string custom basses. IT is just that that they charge by the hour for custom custom shop options, so it gets pricy quickly. That said, I'm sure if you know exactly what they want, you will get a great bass at the end of it.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I have two 90's warwicks with Wenge necks, and they're great. I'd say that the custom shop is the best, then the 80's and 90's pre-factory warwicks, and then the new stuff.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez