I wanna get my nephew a half decent amp for his bday, can you guys recommend any good ones for around £100 ($200 or so), he likes marshall amps, but i have a roland cube and its perfect, help. Oh and its mostly rock/indie hes into
"When was the last time god played to 250,000 fans."(Noel Gallagher, Knebworth, 96)

Quote by Våd Hamster
Congratulations on your 2nd hand cancer

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/oasisrocks/

If you love Oasis, come on in and join...
The roland micro-cube. Honestly, it has all kinds of effects and sounds from accoustic to seriously distorted..

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Roland Microcube!

They run about 120 though.
Paul Gilbert
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
John Petrucci
Quote by badladoasis
can i get summit a bit bigger do yous think, maybe 30 or 50w?
That depends entirely upon how much you are willing to shell out. You'll be hard-pressed to find anything of half-decent quality that can match the Micro Cube's quality for the price.
see if he likes Marshall MG's. they're pretty cheap. a 30watt one is around £100. I have one and the clean is great i think, others may disagree. but i use pedals for my distorted sounds. but other than that, your best bet is the Roland if he's just going to be playing in his room and jamming with friends.
the microcube is like £60

apparently the cube 30x and upwards are the only decent ones.

and epiphone Valve Junior is pretty much bang on £100. its simplistic, but you get the tube tone
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
if ya want a cracking little amp for the money, get him a fender champion 600,theyre about 150 but worth every penny
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
i would say an epi valve junior or something else like it.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
go on ebay, you can get a huge marshall top quality amp for around 100, about 100 watts aswell... highly recommend
Quote by worton
go on ebay, you can get a huge marshall top quality amp for around 100, about 100 watts aswell... highly recommend

Ah, I haven't seen that picture used in years.

Anywho, Microcube or Vox DA-5 are both solid choices. Valve Jr is okay but it's not exactly versatile. Or, well, that good.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Azwethinkwedo
see if he likes Marshall MG's. they're pretty cheap. a 30watt one is around £100. I have one and the clean is great i think, others may disagree. but i use pedals for my distorted sounds. but other than that, your best bet is the Roland if he's just going to be playing in his room and jamming with friends.

Yeah the cleans are ok, but I agree about the pedal thing, MG distortion sucks unless you get one with an extra gain switch.
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
It's alright, but for indie/rock stuff I'd go for the Vox AD30/50 VT instead, IMO the cubes aren't that great.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music