It's a particular harmonica technique that sounds a bit like guitar bending. One of my friends plays the harmonica and finds it the most difficult technique to get used to. It's only possible on diatonic harmonicas.
there're some detailed vid's on this on youtube, but basically it are pinch harmonics (on open strings so the fretting hand is free) bend up and down with a whammy..
in my experience, your whammy needs to at least span 4 semitones up ánd down to get them to sound like satch's

so to get an idea, bend the bar far down, hit a ph and let the bar come up and maybe even take it up some more, do watch your pitch on this going up, you might have to try a couple of times to get it in tune..
1953 Epiphone zephyr
1988 PRS custom 24
1960 Moon oct. mandolin
Quote by vigenharutyunya
umm well iwas talking actually abotu natural harmonica screams on guitar... example Joe Satriani - Flying in a blue dream... 3.50th minute...
he just get's his rleft hand on the tremolo and... what next??

Would that be a.....harmonic squeal/scream?....A harmonica scream is done...on the harmonica....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Maybe if you used English...
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Funkicker
there're some detailed vid's on this on youtube, but basically it are pinch harmonics (on open strings so the fretting hand is free) bend up and down with a whammy..
in my experience, your whammy needs to at least span 4 semitones up ánd down to get them to sound like satch's

so to get an idea, bend the bar far down, hit a ph and let the bar come up and maybe even take it up some more, do watch your pitch on this going up, you might have to try a couple of times to get it in tune..

yep....i can do em and thats how
Quote by therealtater
he spells actually right

Go away.

TS:

1. Hold the bar down with your left hand.
2. Hit a pinch harmonic on the open B string and directly after it, one on the open E string. You'll have to work on the timing so that the frequencies go together correctly.
3. Raise the bar with your left hand and proceed to do whatever you want.
you have to find a node point on the string and while picking the open string hit the point with the fleash of your thumb. takes time to get them right. and after that he uses the whammy bar.
That's harmonics not harmonica... though Encyclopedia Harmonica does sound pretty sweet.
hue
Quote by sock_demon
That's harmonics not harmonica... though Encyclopedia Harmonica does sound pretty sweet.

woah..he did say harmonica.

I don't know how to do a harmonica scream?

I'm guessing blow really hard into the harmonica?
Quote by ILoveGuitar07
woah..he did say harmonica.

I don't know how to do a harmonica scream?

I'm guessing blow really hard into the harmonica?

Don't do it too hard or it'll blow up.

My uncle jimbo lost his right eye after his harmonica blew up while doing a harmonica scream.
hue
Hahahahaha

But what's "the screams" called? There must be a name for them?