I've set up dual monitors. One is widescreen, the other is a square.

I've a few problems right now.

1. There are two gray bars on the square screen; one on top, the other on the bottom, as if I was watching a widescreen film. I think it has something to do with the face that my other screen runs at 1440 x 900, not 1280 x 1024.

2. I want my taskbar to stretch across both screens, not just stay on the primary one (widescreen).

3. Even though my videocard (NVIDIA GeForce 7300GS) gives me the option to change both desktop wallpapers in the control panel, it won't change from the one that my primary monitor is using.

Those are the three main problems. I do know that the monitor is atleast partially set up properly, because my mouse can move down there and I can drag windows onto the screen.

Thanks in advance.
both monitors are plugged into the video card i assume?
(as opposed to one plugged into the motherboard, and one plugged into the videocard)

also, do you have the drivers updated?

EDIT:
also this should extend the taskbar across both monitors

1.Right-click the desktop, and then click Properties.

2.In the DisplayProperties dialog box, click the Settings tab.

3.Click the Display list and select your external monitor.

4.Select the Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor option. Click Apply or OK.

However, I dont think that you can both extend the taskbar and fix the widescreen issue. Your probably not going to be able to address the gray bar problem anyways.
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Last edited by algemar at May 16, 2008,
Quote by algemar
both monitors are plugged into the video card i assume?
(as opposed to one plugged into the motherboard, and one plugged into the videocard)

also, do you have the drivers updated?

EDIT:
also this should extend the taskbar across both monitors

1.Right-click the desktop, and then click Properties.

2.In the DisplayProperties dialog box, click the Settings tab.

3.Click the Display list and select your external monitor.

4.Select the Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor option. Click Apply or OK.

However, I dont think that you can both extend the taskbar and fix the widescreen issue. Your probably not going to be able to address the gray bar problem anyways.

Yes, both are plugged into my video card.

Your method was actually set up like this by default, and I'd already played with it a bit, but thanks.

Edit to your edit: Why wouldn't I be able to extend the task bar and fix my problems? Just because the monitors are different shapes?
it helps if you have the same monitor, for resolution and color sakes