Read the FAQ. Covers Behringer pretty well.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
avoid that amp. it will steal your soul, and then blow out.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
yep, forget behringer they simply....sucks... yep my first amp was a behringer and its the worst deal that ive done in my entire life XD
"If you're looking for an Ampeg but don't have the budget, look no further."

Come on Raul, I've got my bass Valkyrie sword all drawn; we've got some stupid bass players ass to whomp.

Avoid Behringer--I'm sure that when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps.
Quote by anarkee

'm sure that when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps.

sigged

and yea ive had my first amp behringer (it was a gift i didnt pick it)
for a year and a half now and its crappin out already, like i hit one note, it comes out super distorted followed by i bunch of random very high pitched feed back type noises...like 5 or sicks spaced apart like a second

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
I've been playing Behringer gear for years and have never had a single issue with any of it. All my gear has been bounced around in the back of a van, dropped, knocked over, you name it, it's suffered it. Every bit still going strong.

I've had the BVT5500 for about a year and the sound is great. It's as tough as old boots and I have no fear that it will let me down more than any other brand of amp.

There is a ridiculous snobbery about Behringer gear and I think that it's because it's cheap and accessible.

We'd all love an Ampeg I'm sure but most of us simply can't afford it.

I also reckon most criticisers of Behringer gear are victims of peer pressure who've never even tried them properly.

(I am not Uri Behringer by the way)
Quote by fangpig
I've been playing Behringer gear for years and have never had a single issue with any of it. All my gear has been bounced around in the back of a van, dropped, knocked over, you name it, it's suffered it. Every bit still going strong.

I've had the BVT5500 for about a year and the sound is great. It's as tough as old boots and I have no fear that it will let me down more than any other brand of amp.

There is a ridiculous snobbery about Behringer gear and I think that it's because it's cheap and accessible.

We'd all love an Ampeg I'm sure but most of us simply can't afford it.

I also reckon most criticisers of Behringer gear are victims of peer pressure who've never even tried them properly.

(I am not Uri Behringer by the way)

The guitarist in one of my old bands bought a Behringer amp brand new. They tried to flog it as a 200 watt amp (obviously quoting the peak wattage, not the RMS value, like Behringer always do).

Obviously it was nowhere near a 200 watt amp; it was no louder than his previous (cheaper) small Marshall combo, and sounded absolutely awful in comparison.

The second time he used it at a practice (he'd owned it about a week by this point) it went bang when it got turned on.

That's probably my worst experience with Behringer. There are others too though, such as with their effects items. Not personal experiences though, as I wouldn't personally touch Behringer with a barge pole, but experiences of other musicians I've played with.

In short, don't buy their stuff. Sure, you'll get the occasional individual who swears by them because they've managed to delude themselves into liking the stuff, and have been lucky enough for it not to break on them (these people probably ought to try their hand at the lottery or something).

It's like buying a low end BC Rich or a Thunderbird; sure, some people will like them, but most will hate them, and for this reason it's not worth suggesting them to somebody who has no experience with them, because odds would suggest they're not going to like it.