Page 1 of 2
at least around here it is.
I know I've changed a lot this year. I've gotten in a band,a fantastic girlfriend,I've got two somewhat good feet now,I'm not such a social retard,I've lost weight,I've gotten better at guitar,gained friends lost friends,and I'm going to prom tomorrow. And I'm a freshman.

I was wondering how all of you UGer's have changed over the past school year.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
I've done more to become less of an autistic, antisocial loser this year than any other period of my life.
school is over for me. i jus have exams now.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
This year sucked

All of my friends have found better friends than me, so I'm no longer anyone's best friend anymore.
Yeah, kinda the same stuff as you, TS.
In a band, got a girlfriend, lost weight, not so socially retarded, etc.,
but i also got put in psychological care,
then became a /b/tard,
therefor causing need for more psychological care.
But yeah, good year.

Started smoking pot,
got new friends,
had actual girlfriends,
been in a few bands,
I didn't realize it till now but I think this has been one of the better years of my life so far.
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Last edited by Ez0ph at May 16, 2008,
I lost most of my band mates, my friends, and my good grades.
Im like a frickin ghost at my school.
i got a buzz, joined a band. Good year.
Fight the machine.

Quote by slaveofsatan
She lives in the next town!

You must ride your family cow over there and make sweet small town love. Then make sure she isn't the town bicycle.

Ressort (Click to Help Ressort!)
4 days left!
ill be a senior next year.

ive gotten a girlfriend.
lost that girlfriend.
i got way better at guitar.
i learned how to play keyboard.
im in the youth band at my church.
i got a guitar for free from a friend.
i made many new friends.
i can actually talk to people now. i used to have social anxiety.
ive seen many great bands live.
my hair got way longer. (down to my shoulders now!)
i got to meet some of my heros.
and i completely stopped cursing.

im sure theres a lot more. i cant think of them though.
its been a fantastic year.
basically the same as u TS minus the GF
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
I've grown less shy, made more friends due to that, and have improved greatly at guitar.

I've also learned how it feels to lose someone close to you, and how to cope with it.
yea man.. dumped a chick who was destroying my sanity. looking for a good girl, but it's not just gonna be anybody this time. got a little better at guitar, although the real progress will come during the summer, when i have time.

as for you, that's great man.. you seem to be really happy. congrats.
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
i got into metal music, learned some bodom, which is kickass, got a new guitar, and getting better.
i got a job x.x, its oright money (Y)
learned how to make my own dinner XD
Stopped playin sports, started don pot (only the purple stuff!) learned guitar and got good fast, and basically regected on of the hottest girls idever seen, but not entirely my fault.
Started smoking weed. Been a really, really good year
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
No waydude. I felt like I was a loser last year and this year Im just more outgoing,more firends,Im a hell of a lot better at guitar ( thanks to UG ).So ya
Well, I broke upp with my girlfriend and got her back. And I also became a part of the greatest band in the world (ehm... we're not there yet though...).

Schoolyear, I must say.
punk&metal wrote:

why would they star in a movie making fun of themselves

Subject: Spinal Tap.

Chill!
sweet year this year:got a GF band started playing shows, got contactsrecording an EP in a few weeks, and nothing really bad happened.

oh, and girls think im hot cause i play guitar... i love UG
I got fatter.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
I've experimented with a few different drugs, became WAY more open minded as a result. I actually can say i've fell in love, i've moved to a different town after 19 years in the same town, i've made new friends and found out who the real ones are.
Thats the good.

The bad:
Started smoking, somewhat ruined my relationship with my parents. Its ok now, but not what it was...and thats all i can really think of.
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
did better in school, gained a few new friends, remained socially retarded, got more and more stressed out because i can't get a job and have no plans for my future.
I have changed since the beginning of the school year. This is because I changed school and didn't know a soul, so I was really shy and kinda dumb I guess, pretty anti-social aswell.

That has now changed, and I am now like I used to be before I changed school, maybe a bit more mature aswell, and I really feel I have fitted into the group. Most people in my class had known eachother for like ten years already so yeah, I was nervous when I got there.

Edit: Life's good...
Very good actually, my grades are very high, I also have a girlfriend, and most important of all my guitar skills are much, much better.
Our band's doing great, had our first gig, still together with the girlfriend, and graduating soon can't be happier!
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Basically the opposite to what you said. I've lost all my friends, am deeply unhappy, been turned down from all my universities, but can't help but be optimistic.
Quote by Jammin'
yea man.. dumped a chick who was destroying my sanity. looking for a good girl, but it's not just gonna be anybody this time. got a little better at guitar, although the real progress will come during the summer, when i have time.

as for you, that's great man.. you seem to be really happy. congrats.

Thanks. I've been sort of exploding with happiness recently. lol

I figure you'll find someone good for you,just keep looking.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
i'm a borderline drop out. school bores me and it pains me to be there. to not drop out i take a day off every couple of weeks. i've gotten lazier, gotten way better at guitar, made really good friends, gotten my first 2 jobs.
my average dropped, i lost a girlfriend, and my band broke up, everything else stayed the same or got slightly better

what a **** year
Quote by We'realltoBlame
at least around here it is.
I know I've changed a lot this year. I've gotten in a band,a fantastic girlfriend,I've got two somewhat good feet now,I'm not such a social retard,I've lost weight,I've gotten better at guitar,gained friends lost friends,and I'm going to prom tomorrow. And I'm a freshman.

I was wondering how all of you UGer's have changed over the past school year.

I'm a freshman too :p. Let's see what I've done...
Started working out every day
Got a girlfriend
I'm about as social as last year... But I have a lot of friends
I've gotten tanner, gained weight (which is good for me weighing at like 135 lbs)
I got a handjob when I went on a cruise over spring break for the first time
I am now friends with more people who listen to my type of music and agree with me more, while I still talk to some of my best friends

EDIT: There have also been bad times this year though.
I got accused for the first time ever on cheating on a test (Although I didn't, I'm still getting 0...)
I haven't talked to my 2nd and 3rd best friends this whole year...
My gpa was not what it should be seeing I have to take IB classes next year (3.0)
My parents caught me and my friend drinking and he probably can't come over for a solid 3 months
Last edited by Dilweed at May 16, 2008,
Became more of a prick. I'm kinda okay with it. But then, I have lost someone near to me because of it. Changing back
Band.
More confident in ability to beat someone down.
Pot.
Broken Hand.
Etc.
this year was a very good and very bad year for me. on one hand, i had a falling out with six of my former best friends, and i was pretty depressed for half the year, like i didnt go out, was alone most of the time and was just an all around bitter person. on the other hand, the most beautiful and amazing girl i have ever met dug me out of that hole, introduced me to more people, some of which are now good friends, and taught me to live again. also, ive gotten SO much better at guitar, finally raising enough cash to get my dream guitar, and im on the verge of having a successful local band. so id say my year turned out all right.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
I have mixed feelings about this year. Made some more good friends, grown apart from a couple, read a lot, had some good conversations, learned a lot, but my grades are not as good as last year, but I do fine. I've also picked up a nicotine habit, started smoking weed, and stopped smoking weed. It's been an alright year, I'll be a senior next year.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
I loved this year (sports, band, school and social wise ^^).
Now I'm almost done with my final exams (1 more week of exams to go) and then I'm off!!!
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
I'm a senior, and it hasn't really sank in yet that in 3-4 weeks I'll be done with high school. It's weird because as much as I hate(d) it, I don't feel like I'm ready to leave it behind yet. I pretty much wasted the better part of the last four years, didn't do anything at all worth mentioning, and have a lot of "unfinished business" in high school that I guess I'll never get to do.

As for this year, looking back, it was probably the weirdest year of my life. Just totally up and down, all over the place. Last summer was probably the best I'd ever had. I finally had a true "best friend" (who I'd been friends with for years, but never really close to before) and found my place within a group of friends that I hung out with every day. It was a blast and I wouldn't trade it for anything, but I wasn't completely happy because I really wanted a girl in my life. Once school started I didn't see my friends as much, and some things happened involving a girl that lead to me and my best friend starting to grow apart. I started smoking weed pretty often and wound up going through a few stages of minor depression that each lasted a few weeks before something would happen to snap me out of it. This went on for most of the school year until February when I met my now-girlfriend. Unfortunately around that same time I ****ed up a few things and wound up pretty much losing the few friends I had. So now I have what I've wanted all year- a steady girlfriend, but I'm not completely happy because I don't have any real, true friends anymore. So this is sorta weird because I love my girlfriend and I don't feel like I really need friends as long as I have her, but I don't know if she needs me half as much as I need her.

So right now I'm looking ahead and I'm gonna be moving off to college in about three months. I've been looking forward to this chance to start over for years, and I still am, but right now I just wish this summer could last forever. I don't know what me and my girlfriend are going to do once I go away, and there's just so much I'm leaving undone. I really thank God for my girlfriend though because she's literally made my life worth living since I met her.

So any HS underclassmen or kids going into high school, I really hope you don't make the same mistake I did. No matter how much high school may suck, don't take these years for granted. Take full advantage of them, don't sit on your ass and hope things come to you. Go do something that you can be proud of. Find a group of friends that make you feel like you belong. Find a girl that makes you feel good and make her yours, maybe even fall in love with her. Just do something, don't waste these years.

[/rant]
Quote by hazzmatazz
Wow, rub it in I'm still all the opposite of those things

same...., expect I was in a band for like 3 weeks and then quit, cause we couldn't find a drummer, bassist, or singer...
We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.
Jim Morrison
Page 1 of 2