Just watched it with my dad, and had a big debate

I personally thought it was OK, but it was style over substance. Maybe that is the point, but i prefer a film that affects me, makes me think

my dads point: it was wicked, it has great dialogue, but whats the point if it doesn't really move anywhere?

you want good dialogue and a great plot, theres so many films. goodfellas?

whats your views?
Your dad is right.

If it's great at one thing, and entertaining, it's a good film. It doesn't have to be the greatest film in history right?

Tarantino's best. Good plot, great dialogue, great acting.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Great movie.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Well, what really makes the movies awesome to me is the wonderful dialogues. They reaaally liven it up if you ask me. What do you guys think of From Dust Til Dawn? I personally think the movie really wasn't that great, I mean, it's a proper and entertaining film, but something was just missing if you ask me. I still liked the first half of the movie when they're not at the bar yet. The dialogues and set-up is just sweet.
^ Yeah it was an experiment in changing a film's genre completely half way though, and I don't think it worked. I was hooked until the bar bit.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
I hated it the first time I saw it, the second time I saw it I hated it less. I think the dialogue is overrated in the movie, I just didn't really get caught up in it. So I guess I agree with you...
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
I haven't seen it but I was very unimpressed with Pulp Fiction.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
I agree with your dad, that film just shows that as long as you have a good script then you don't need Hollywood effects for the film to be great.
I really like it, it was witty enough and was always entertaining, I didn't get bored. I preferred Pulp Fiction, but they be completely different.
Its great, precisely because its sort of aimless, but with fantastic dialogue, good directing and great performances.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Quote by filthandfury
I agree with your dad, that film just shows that as long as you have a good script then you don't need Hollywood effects for the film to be great.

not so much dialogue, but plot i was missing.

perhaps i missed something
I love that movie. my desktop is mr white and mr orange...as crayons. i'll try to get it up her in a sec...

EDIT: Here it is:
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Last edited by skvvisgaar at May 16, 2008,
It's pretty good. I personally think the 2 Kill Bill films are his best yet.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Quote by skvvisgaar
I love that movie. my desktop is mr white and mr orange...as crayons. i'll try to get it up her in a sec...

WHAT.
Quote by Rankles
Your dad is right.

If it's great at one thing, and entertaining, it's a good film. It doesn't have to be the greatest film in history right?

It was good, but I liked Pulp Fiction more, so I wouldn't consider it Tarantino's best.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by Rankles
Your dad is right.

I'd go with this. Brilliant film.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by filthandfury
WHAT.

didn't you know that the pit was a woman?

its called a typo.

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
I think that movie was awesome, one of the best of it's kind that i've seen. after this one it kind of went down hill for Tarantino :/
has anyone else played the Res. dogs game? It's pretty cool, but only michael madsen returned to do the game. Tarantino didnt even return to play Mr. Brown. and I love the matchbook and gas can package the 15th anniversary dvd comes in.

I laugh whenever I hear Stuck In the Middle now

Awesome film
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
It entertained me which is what I want a movie to do so I like it.
the game fails pretty hard

movie is awesome tho - tarantino's a legend but anything after kill bill has been pretty rank

that grindhouse movie is awful
Gear Lists are for G*A*Y*S

its not suppost to think its just about the life of a gansta
great movie. great flim work... like when the cop with the cut of ear is talking to mr orange*?
like no blurriness shows both back and foreground
Quote by Vince Noir
It's pretty good. I personally think the 2 Kill Bill films are his best yet.

i watched them today actually..

i thought they were pretty good. though a bit over the top in some parts, like when she fights off the crazy 88's. and the 5 point death punch. whatever its called..

Reservoir Dogs is better imo
Do people really think, that producers waste millions of dollars, for any other reason than earning money on the trash that went to cinema?
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
that was such an influential movie to lot's of the independent film industry when it came out.

u may have been bored by the dialogue but watch it again a year later and you'll probably see how well written it is.

Reservoir dogs may not have been his greatest IMO (Pulp Fiction was more refined and was even better written) but it is still one of the greatest in the genre, in terms of the directing style and script.

yh.
Your dad is totally right. I agree with you on some fronts, I too like a film to affect me in certain ways, but with Reservoir Dogs, all I wanted was a fast paced, profanity filled, blood soaked crime thriller. And a fookin' brilliant one is what I got. In some ways it's better than Pulp Fiction, and therefor in some ways it's his greatest.

Not every film has to have subtle nuances which affect and enhance your life without you even realising it.

Reservoir Dogs is one of the ultimate Guy Movies ever made.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by browar
Do people really think, that producers waste millions of dollars, for any other reason than earning money on the trash that went to cinema?

D00d, Dogs was an independent film, Harvey Keitel helped out and pushed the budget up to $1.5million, that's still nothing compared to today's blockbuster budgets, or the blockbuster budgets of the time.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
Your dad is totally right. I agree with you on some fronts, I too like a film to affect me in certain ways, but with Reservoir Dogs, all I wanted was a fast paced, profanity filled, blood soaked crime thriller. And a fookin' brilliant one is what I got. In some ways it's better than Pulp Fiction, and therefor in some ways it's his greatest.

Not every film has to have subtle nuances which affect and enhance your life without you even realising it.

Reservoir Dogs is one of the ultimate Guy Movies ever made.

yeah, i think you're right actually. i might re-watched it again tonight. i was a bit mashed last nite
I think I agree more with you, TS. 'Style over substance' sort of epitomizes Tarantino's work and I dislike how his films get so much praise when there are so many better films out there. Your Dad is right to an extent though, it excels at what it is trying to do which is just to entertain.