Page 1 of 2
So right now I'm working on a pong-like game, which I've currently dubbed "Pongeth", but I need a music track to play in the background! It's based around the concept of pong, only with a different points system (you get points for killing the people crossing the road ) and potions which provide you with a bonus or a weakness.(For example, the ability to shoot arrows at your opponent, slowing him down) It's a midevil castle game.(you defend your castle from the spike ball and hit it back towards your opponent) Here's a screenshot..

TLDR: I need people to create MIDI music (a powertab file would be cool) for this game. Whoever makes the best one gets picked and gets their name in the credits. (Sorry, no monies)
i cum blood?
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Any Dragonforce. Easy enough.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
gargling with infected seamen?
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
That looks very cool. I might give this a go... Of course, I might not, 'cause I've got important exams at the moment.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
My game would consist of nothing but Dream Theater

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Any Dragonforce. Easy enough.

/Thread
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
If it didn't have to be MIDI I would totally do this.

I'm thinking hundreds of overdubs of my voice singing "Pong!" at different pitches.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by guitar_mad_ali
i cant be arsed to download winzip is there any easier way of getting it on here?

right click>send to>compressed folder
sup?
yeah i was wondering what system he was using too. looks pretty simple but good games can be simplistic. if anyone knows how to use XNA pm me.
Quote by GiantRaven
lol

That (A, I think it was) note made it sound really discordant...

Quote by asator
is a guitar pro file ok, or does it have to be powertab?

Just export it as MIDI.
sup?
extracting it as midi isn't working...it won't attach. i'm probably doing something wrong though, im a complete noob with this sort of stuff.

it says it's an invalid file type...
Quote by asator
extracting it as midi isn't working...it won't attach. i'm probably doing something wrong though, im a complete noob with this sort of stuff.

it says it's an invalid file type...

You have to put it in a compressed folder to attach it.
sup?
John Petrucci did some music for an old video game years ago, so it automatically wins this thread.
"Optimism," said Cacambo, "what is that?"
"Alas!" replied Candide, "it is the obstinacy of maintaining that everything is best when it is worst."
Quote by TranquilNight
Are you going to release the game to us?

Not sure where I'm going to put it yet, but I'll definately post a link when it's out.
Quote by asator
how long does the music have to be?

Doesn't matter, it will probably be on a loop.

To everyone that has posted one so far, really good job guys! I wasn't expecting such a turn out, especially ones that are this good.
You should release it to us first
So we can judge it... And y'know, play it ...
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
right, i've made a newer and (imo) better one. its completely different to the last one i uploaded.

not sure if its along the right lines, but tell me what you think
Attachments:
UGVideoGame2.zip
Quote by asator
right, i've made a newer and (imo) better one. its completely different to the last one i uploaded.

not sure if its along the right lines, but tell me what you think

I'm really digging it, you're really good at this stuff. Right now I looking at your's and GiantRaven's.
Quote by Gravenimage
John Petrucci did some music for an old video game years ago, so it automatically wins this thread.

Necronomicon: Epilogue for Sega Genesis.
..is a girl
Quote by RPGoof
WAT
How about just send a ship at the speed up light directly to the sun, and the gravity will pull it towards the sun, thus speeding it over the speed of light.

Quote by Whatley2212
I'm really digging it, you're really good at this stuff. Right now I looking at your's and GiantRaven's.

thanks. good luck with the game
I'll give it a shot tommorow. It looks all medieval, do you want that in the music? Or can it be nice and generic techno?
Quote by Vermintide
I'll give it a shot tommorow. It looks all medieval, do you want that in the music? Or can it be nice and generic techno?

Yeah, I'm kind of looking for a midevil feel, or atleast a darker side.
PM mr... I'll do it.

I could also do ****ty graphics if you want

EDIT: More stuff...

How long do you want them to go for?

Do you want other sounds? (like when you hit the ball/when you miss the ball/when you score a point)
Last edited by the_poison125 at May 16, 2008,
there is a certain song you could choose that would ensure NOBODY could ever beat your game, as they would quit it in frustration before reaching the end

"HOW MUCH IS THE FISH???"

"HOW MUCH IS THE CHIPS???"

DOES THE FISH HAVE CHIPS???"

Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Quote by NutZz?
there is a certain song you could choose that would ensure NOBODY could ever beat your game, as they would quit it in frustration before reaching the end

"HOW MUCH IS THE FISH???"

"HOW MUCH IS THE CHIPS???"

DOES THE FISH HAVE CHIPS???"

sup?
Page 1 of 2