What do you think is necessary to know if your gonna be in a band and make music.
Quote by zac362
not many ppl have heard of the lochrian mode, mainly cos its only really usefull for mindless shredding
how to play an instrument?
Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the f***ing car.
I love pulp...
Someone told me there's a girl out there
With love in her eyes and flowers in her hair...

I will find this girl.

Quote by SOAD_freak777
What do you think is necessary to know if your gonna be in a band and make music.

A good ear
some technique
some knowledge wouldn't hurt

Im not going to give a huge detailed list of everything. Its too subjective, and wouldn't be worth the time once an arguments starts and the point is lost.
Quote by rockinsk8r91
how to play an instrument?

+1

You don't need theory, a good ear, etc. to be in a band, but those things will help you A LOT.
Things you NEED: Something that makes noise

Things youll want: Decent technical facility on your instrument, a good ear, lots of listening experience, and a decent understanding of theory.
to make a band sound good you need:

to know how to play something
know how to dial in a good tone (no matter what your playing the tone is extremely important)
and also know that two many people playing the same notes at the same time sounds bad, such as two guitarist playing an open E chord with a bass player playing some kind of run in E, you gotta separate different parts of the chord. that little bit of info has been invaluable to me in all the bands i have been in
Quote by SOAD_freak777

The guidelines zeppelinfreak51 provided make up a very good outline, but it's a very general question and really can't be answered satisfactorily.