So, I recently build a guitar for myself. The body's maple and cut like an ibanez jem. It has a mahogany neck, with a rosewood fretboard. It has a custom paint job: black and white kind of blended together in stripes. It's hard to describe.

As for hardware, that's still a work in progress. I was more then likely going to buy a black US Strat Trem off of Guitarfetish, and the cheapest black locking tuners. Add some fancy knobs, black pickguard screws/other small hardware, and I'd be done with it.

Only I'm having a small problem. When I plug my guitar in (I'm using pretty crappy hardware for now), my amp buzzes quiet a bit. It goes away when I hit a note or turn the tone off, but if I'm just standing there, there's alot of buzz. The pack of the pickguard is shielded, and it's 3 single coil pickups. I'm certain I wired it correct, so what could the problem be?

Sorry, no digital camera, so no pics. I'll try to get some later.
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II [Heavily Modded]
Hand-Built Jem Copy
Rouge RA-100

Amps:
Crate VC-50
Epiphone Studio 10

Pedals:
DigiTech Bad Monkey
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss Noise Suppressor
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
Anyone?
Guitars:
Hand-Built Jem Copy
Rouge RA-100

Amps:
Crate VC-50
Epiphone Studio 10

Pedals:
DigiTech Bad Monkey
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss Noise Suppressor
How's the ground connection? That sounds like it could be the issue.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Um it's just soldered to that strip in the back cavity. Should I tape over that or something?
Guitars:
Hand-Built Jem Copy
Rouge RA-100

Amps:
Crate VC-50
Epiphone Studio 10

Pedals:
DigiTech Bad Monkey
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss Noise Suppressor
Does it change when you move? It really sounds like just good old 60Hz hum. If you are near anything with a transformer or under fluorscent lights that could be a source of it as well. I have a really bad problem with it in my house. I have to turn 90 degrees away from my computer if I play anything with a single coil in it.