I am thinking about getting a new amp. My styles range from church stuff which can be quite soft and mellow, to more heavy stuff like Metallica/Dream theater.
Im looking at the Mesa DC3, is it the same as the F-30? I notice it has a small graphic EQ and the f-30 doesnt, so it looks like a more viable option, unless anyone can think of anything better to get.
My price range is about £600-£1000 and will probaly buy used, Was thinking about a mark IV if i can get cheap enough, just it may be to loud for me, so it may be a waste. Also whats the difference to the mark III and mark IV?
Cheers Phil
i just got a mark III off ebay, so when it gets here ill let you know about it and make some clips. but if you can find a cheap enough mark IV i say go for it
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Mark III and Mark IV are a bit different sound wise. Personally, I think the Mark IV sounds better, but I've heard other people preferring the Mark III, so I guess you have to listen to both and find out yourself

And yeah, the Mark IV has different EQs for the clean and the lead (I think) where the Mark III shares the EQ for all channels. That is...not that good.
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
^Agreed. Though since you're in the UK Mesas will be a bit inflated.
YES! Mesa DCs!!! They're really killer. I loved using the DC-3, and I own the DC-5, and the 50 watt version is a little more "metal" sounding than the DC-3 with the right settings. I'd go for a DC-5 combo if you don't want to lug around a cab if you gig. They sound great.