So what does everyone think of the Bedlam in Goliath? Personally I liked it but I like every Mars Volta album so that doesn't say much.But if you haven't heard it yet then definitely check it out. I have to say I don't blame people that don't like the Mars Volta because it's kind've an acquired taste or at least something that grows on you as long as you listen to the right songs first to get a good impression.But anyways, yeah so whats your opinion on the album?
I hope this is a joke, with it being in the 80's rock, shred, and progressive forum...3 things they arent
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
i think alot about the album, how it should be in a different thread, how it isnt from the 80's, how its not shred, and how its no where near progressive, yes i tink alot about it...
good album though
I think the albums great. Probably the heaviest TMV has ever gotten and very intense.

Askepios is my favorite song.

It messes with your mind.
Last edited by EternFict at May 16, 2008,
Quote by EZLN libertad
I hope this is a joke, with it being in the 80's rock, shred, and progressive forum...3 things they arent

The Mars Volta is progressive by far your just listening to the wrong songs.
Quote by F8iscruel
i think alot about the album, how it should be in a different thread, how it isnt from the 80's, how its not shred, and how its no where near progressive, yes i tink alot about it...
good album though

Once again not so much this album but The Mars Volta is obviously progressive. In progressive reviews and forums and anything like that you constantly see their name appear. I mean, listen to Day Of The Baphomets, Tetragrammaton, Cygnus...Vismund, Cygnus, Cassandra Gemini which is actually one song broken up into pieces, Ouroborous, A Plague Upon Your Hissing and others. The only album that wasn't that progressive was De-loused In the Comatorium. Say what you want about other bands but when it comes to The Mars Volta, I know my stuff.
Quote by EternFict
I think the albums great. Probably the heaviest TMV has ever gotten and very intense.

Aberinkula is my favorite song.

It messes with your mind.

Yeah Cedric said it was going to be their heaviest album and that the next one will be more soft and a lot of acoustic which will be interesting with the fast and heavy drummer like Thomas Pridgen. It'll probably more like The Omar Rodriguez Lopez Group.
I don't think I have a favorite song on the album but I certainly have a least favorite and that is Tourniquet Man.
OH, whoa, i thought the thread starter said 30 seconds to mars, okay, NOW it makes sense...
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Quote by The Baphomets
Once again not so much this album but The Mars Volta is obviously progressive. In progressive reviews and forums and anything like that you constantly see their name appear. I mean, listen to Day Of The Baphomets, Tetragrammaton, Cygnus...Vismund, Cygnus, Cassandra Gemini which is actually one song broken up into pieces, Ouroborous, A Plague Upon Your Hissing and others. The only album that wasn't that progressive was De-loused In the Comatorium. Say what you want about other bands but when it comes to The Mars Volta, I know my stuff.

well he did ask about thier new album so i would be correct in saying its not progressive, i havent heard their older stuff so i wont comment on it, but on this album i know its not progressive
Quote by F8iscruel
well he did ask about thier new album so i would be correct in saying its not progressive, i havent heard their older stuff so i wont comment on it, but on this album i know its not progressive

The album does have progressive songs on it but I'm gonna classify the band under prog not put it in a different thread category just because not every song on the album is prog.
I agree with TS. They are progressive. Omar said so himself that he didn't really like (know) labeling themselves, but he said that progressive would be the best way to describe them because he doesn't like to stay stagnant, they progress. Hence the word progressive.
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
Please search in the Modern Rock forum.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic