I imaging the high-end will sound like a squealing pig when playing on high gain. Try Bad Horsie and Crybaby Q.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
It depends you have 2 options:

pedal alot more expensive that will last years
cheap pedal you will have to replace several times so in the long run it'll cost more then the other.

heh

just stick with one you can trust.. I imagine that cheap crap to be like wahs on multi-effects.. which are horrible.

a dunlop crybaby you can get for 70 bux that's only twice the price.
its gunna sound like ****, and if you ever want to get a better wah then its inevitable that your'e gunna have lost money from buying this one, but if you just want something cheap to mess about on and get an idea if you like the effect then get it
POST FINDER
want a cheap wah that sounds good.. here:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dunlop-Original-Crybaby-Wah-Pedal?sku=151000

I didn't notice much a difference in the normal wah setting when I compared it to my friends wah by the same company that is like 200 bux..

can't go wrong with an original..
doesn't have a bunch of flashy effects but it gets the job done =]

lots of artists use it too, along with several people.. look at reviews on there.

just save up.. it's only like 40 bux more then what you wanted to get..

oh wait you live in the UK.. so not sure how much it is here.. I can't remember if UK money is like twice the price of US making your pedal you want like 60 bux or if it's half.. making it like 15

either way get the other.

edit:
couldn't find the one on musicians friend on your site.. but here's the cheapest dunlop:
http://www.musicstore.de/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/MusicStore-MusicStoreShop-Site/en_EN/-/EUR/ViewProductDetail-Start;pgid=?SKU=GIT0001206-000&ProductUUID=0&JumpTo=OfferList
again.. twice the price.
Last edited by TechnicolorType at May 17, 2008,
technicolortype i see what you mean but prices in the uk are far higher than us - at least thats what i found, lbut please emme know if you know of crybabys with comparable prices (£45)!!

mattreid thats kinda what i was meaning to do so i think i may just do that

cheers all of you
They aren't higher, they're the same.
like if you buy something on ebay with US money it gets converted.
you guys just have different currency..

can't always be a cheapo on pedals or it'll come back to haunt you one day

btw here..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jim-Dunlop-Crybaby-GCB-95-THE-ORIGINAL-WAH_W0QQitemZ150217322471QQihZ005QQcategoryZ22669QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

if you use ebay get that.. it's from one of those ebay stores so it'll be brand new.

btw just compared and us prices are higher then uk so you have your info wrong.

that wah pedal I posted at musiciansfriend would be like 35 UK dollars.. for you
Last edited by TechnicolorType at May 17, 2008,
UK dollars, i like that!!

Quote by TechnicolorType

that wah pedal I posted at musiciansfriend would be like 35 UK dollars.. for you

yeah which is why i said its cheaper in the us - and most us sites wont deliver to europe or those that do oftern charge very high fees- again willing to be proven wrond here!

with that said, that one you posted at muic store looks good and cheaper than i thought so .........

yeah your probably right its better to save for a while.

cheers for digging that up
Quote by timi_hendrix

Americans.

Tbh, you should get a good wah now, instead of getting a crap one now, and a good one later. Getting a rubbish one will only make you think less of wahs in general.

Dunlop original Crybabies suck. I own one. If you want something good, look into Fulltone, Budda and RMC.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
it will sound crappy...
you could get a dunlop original crybaby and even mod it with true bypass and some resistor changes for better sound but you could also go with a wah you like from the start like a Vox or budda.

TBH the original dunlop crybaby doesnt sound all that grea, i had one...started out with it years ago. But after you mod it a little which is cheap and easy to do it can sound fairly good.

Heres an audio clip of my modified crybaby orignal before selling it on ebay.:

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/yoqt/Mod-Crybaby
Last edited by moody07747 at May 17, 2008,
The cheapest decent wah I can recommend is probably the Ibanez Weeping Demon. I picked up a 'Morley Power Wah True Bypass' for £40 though, it's built like a tank but sounds a little too sterile for my tastes.
Quote by b2spirita
UK dollars, i like that!!

yeah which is why i said its cheaper in the us - and most us sites wont deliver to europe or those that do oftern charge very high fees- again willing to be proven wrond here!

with that said, that one you posted at muic store looks good and cheaper than i thought so .........

yeah your probably right its better to save for a while.

cheers for digging that up

you got what I said wrong, it isn't cheaper in the US.

technically it's the same

but 50 dollars in the US is equal to 25.66 pounds in the UK.
Quote by rhcp_freak

Americans.

Tbh, you should get a good wah now, instead of getting a crap one now, and a good one later. Getting a rubbish one will only make you think less of wahs in general.

Dunlop original Crybabies suck. I own one. If you want something good, look into Fulltone, Budda and RMC.

I dunno' I got mine modded I'm not sure what an original sounds like..
I forget what the guy did to it.