I've looked and didnt find anything on the internet or on UG that dealt with this so here it goes

I want to improve the tone from my guitar to the head and i was looking at building something like this, where the A chain is directly out and the B is passed through the effects that i turn on.

I have looked around and i'm a little guitarded when it comes to imaginative pedal design. Anyone have a schematic or a URL to a website that can give good advice? Or maybe you could provide some of your own.
Quote by dogismycopilot
But i would need 4 jacks, 2 for the effects in/out, 1 for the guitar in and 1 for out...right?

that's a true bypass box. you won't cross over. you'll go input on right side. out to effects on top right. in from effects top left and output left side. got it?
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
your gonna wanna flip this image of mine. so input is on right side and the Fx in and Fx out are on the top.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
So, funguy, i only need a DPDT switch and 4 jacks to make what i want? Thats it?

EDIT: I just found this

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2007/Nov/The_DIY_True_Bypass_Lesson.aspx

This looks like exactly what i need.
Last edited by dogismycopilot at May 16, 2008,
Quote by dogismycopilot
So, funguy, i only need a DPDT switch and 4 jacks to make what i want? Thats it?

My diagram will give you what you want. if you leave it as it is. B is through all the jacks and A is over the jump wire at the top. this does work and will do what you want. it's the only way you can use it. All i don't show is the shape of the box.
GEAR:
Marshall AVT 50x
Last edited by funguy at May 16, 2008,