I posted this in the Audacity thread, but got no luck, so i thought id try a thread.
So i got a my toneport ux1 today and have no idea how to record with it, which is what i ot it to do. I downloaded Audicity and tried a bunch of stuff but i still have no idea. So could anyone please give me a step by step walkthrough on how to set it up? id really appreciate it
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
well...first, sup dude!! so you got the toneport connected, install the software, it has ableton to record, i tried it but didnt like it. anyways, pnce everything is connected and the programs are on you pc, plug your guitar in the jack. and open up gearbox when u open up gearbox its gonna show some tips and a tutorial guide, readit so you know how to configure it, so that the sounds the you hear are the ones from the toneport, thats it its pretty easy. you just gotta read alittle. by the way check out my recording im only using the toneport, www.myspace.com/capernaumband good luck with it and hope to hear some music soon.
1) DONT plug in interface....yet

2) Go into the control panel and disable the stock sound card drivers BEFORE installing the new ones from the line6 site

2.2) download the latest gearbox/drivers package from the line6 site..the CD has old drivers most of the time...

3) plug in toneport and open Gearbox

4) if you have not, load audacity then open it.

5) hit Ctrl + P to get into the prefs page.

6) set the input and output to your toneport

7) set the input source in gearbox to what you are using on the interface...

The toneport is an ok interface but you should monitor directly from it with the headphone or output ports to keep latency down. Any audio you feed into the back line in will be sent to your line out and headphones port but not sent to the USB to record.

I found gearbox to be a letdown for any distortion, you can run it with Amplitube though.
I also liked using Reaper instead of Audacity...
Last edited by moody07747 at May 16, 2008,
Quote by zenabi87
well...first, sup dude!! so you got the toneport connected, install the software, it has ableton to record, i tried it but didnt like it. anyways, pnce everything is connected and the programs are on you pc, plug your guitar in the jack. and open up gearbox when u open up gearbox its gonna show some tips and a tutorial guide, readit so you know how to configure it, so that the sounds the you hear are the ones from the toneport, thats it its pretty easy. you just gotta read alittle. by the way check out my recording im only using the toneport, www.myspace.com/capernaumband good luck with it and hope to hear some music soon.

So Ableton comes with UX1?

Lovely stuff
I hope reading this text untill the very end and every last punctuation wasted your time and approximately 5 seconds of your futile life

There is no Punctuation