Page 1 of 2
In case anyone here hasn't been watching the British news, in Glasgow Rangers fans decided after they lost 2-0 to riot, causing thousands of pounds of damage to property.
What particularly gets me is that fans has been, in some cases, DRINKING since 7am and that the supermarkets had been selling cut-price lager since 4am!

All over a stupid football match...
And I almost missed my final final exam ever because they clogged up the Glasgow underground.

Dirty Oran.... No further comment your honour.
Quote by Jackolas
Don't blame ALL football fans...

the words 'mob mentality' come to mind......most of them are probably horrified that they did what they did...
They're not football fans, they're just people who want to mess things up dressed as football fans.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I hate football..

I'd never have guessed from the opening post! Drinking? Oh, whatever shall we do?

Sorry...
Quote by Jackolas
I'd never have guessed from the opening post! Drinking? Oh, whatever shall we do?

Sorry...

Idiots+alcohol=chaos,
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Idiots+alcohol=chaos,

True; I won't argue that. Infact some of the Rangers stuff was absolutely disgraceful. Just remember it was technically a minority....
Aye, I heard every football fan in the world was there (I definately was!). We all were very drunk and raped at least 3 people each!
Quote by Jackolas
True; I won't argue that. Infact some of the Rangers stuff was absolutely disgraceful. Just remember it was technically a minority....

It doensn't matter whether it's 1 or 100000 rioters, it's what outsiders see and hear that is important. And they heard and saw 'rioting Rangers fans', not a 'minority of fans'

A few lifetime bans are necessary I think...
Quote by Sabu
Aye, I heard every football fan in the world was there (I definately was!). We all were very drunk and raped at least 3 people each!
My ravaged anus stands as proof.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Idiots+alcohol=chaos,

true but alchohol+normal people= bad pictures you dont need ruining your life lol
i know there are other equations but im not to sure someone else wanna type them
dude, American football fans tore down a goal post last time the Green Bay Packers won the Super Bowl.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
Yeah, I was at the place where the screen broke this afternoon, the council are still having to clear it up.
Quote by Nitroduck
dude, American football fans tore down a goal post last time the Green Bay Packers won the Super Bowl.

My sport's hooligans are better than your sport's hooligans.
Quote by Sabu

Don't let the Daily Mail hear you say that, they might print it as the truth!...
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
They're still assholes.....football fans are the worst!

These have obviously just been to a football game.

Edit: Come to think of it, I could have found a better riot photo. That one's a bit crap, there's just one guy throwing stuff, and the rest are walking about.
Quote by magnus_maximus
Okay, so.

A) Some Rangers fans had spent as much as £1000 a ticket EACH, and to see their team lose as badly as they did after playing as ****ly as they did, anyone would be pissed.

That's their choice and they must have money to burn if they can spend this much on a football match.

B) It's Rangers. 99% of their fans will have been glory fans who tagged along for the ride and an excuse to get plastered.

That's their problem again. They're not real fans either...

C) They do by no means represent the average joe football fan. I, myself, am a football fan. Am I mindless?

Probably not. But again, it's what the world sees. This morning some of the people you saw fighting probably went out (with a hangover) and got on with their lives. Are they normal?

D) Manchester was not prepared, and the authorities were too quick to come to blows, and stores were too irresponsible in selling them so much alcohol.

If you're a world class football venue, you should have a plan in place to deal with this crap. Otherwise you shouldn't be putting on matches.

E) Rangers fans are mostly scum, anyway. Who cares? You seem to forget that, until only a few years ago, that sort of thing happened every saturday.

It used to be that it was a family game, and dads took their songs to the football on a weekend after working the week away, or families went on a day out for some entertainment. Now you'd fear for your life if you tried it now.....
Quote by magnus_maximus
Oh my. Seriously, go out a bit more. You clearly are a Daily Mail reporter. Did you do your research from their site?

Me? A Daily Mail reporter? Everyone knows I'd be on the culture section of the paper if I was!
Rangers fans are among the worst in the world.

Larkhall, a Rangers stronghold has the only known blue Subway and Moss chemist stores i've ever seen. They don't tolerate the colour green, which is pathetic.
Quote by freedoms_stain

Larkhall, a Rangers stronghold has the only known blue Subway and Moss chemist stores i've ever seen. They don't tolerate the colour green, which is pathetic.

I never thought of that......
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
It used to be that it was a family game, and dads took their songs to the football on a weekend after working the week away, or families went on a day out for some entertainment. Now you'd fear for your life if you tried it now.....

Wrong. I've been to Old Trafford, The Hawthorns, The Gay Meadow and Wembley, and not at one of those places did I ever "fear for my life." My younger brother went with us to some games, and he seemed perfectly happy too.

If my mother liked football, I'm sure she would feel perfectly safe there too. Hell, my gran would probably enjoy it as a day out.
Quote by freedoms_stain

I wonder if they kill their babies when they have green shits?
Quote by Minkaro
Wrong. I've been to Old Trafford, The Hawthorns, The Gay Meadow and Wembley, and not at one of those places did I ever "fear for my life." My younger brother went with us to some games, and he seemed perfectly happy too.

If my mother liked football, I'm sure she would feel perfectly safe there too.

Oh you would have been there
/immaturity.

I've been to Celtic Park a few times which of course is Celtic stadium, i felt safe while there and i've been to an Old Firm game and I was safe.
Quote by magnus_maximus
Wrong.

Wonder why they banned terraces, and drinking alcohol in stadia? Scenes like that were happening everywhere, every weekend. That's why they still have police in stadia to this day.

How many football games have you, yourself been to, may I ask? All the games I've gone too have had children, adults, parents and children all together behaving perfectly. Sadly, the larger the team are, the more fans you get who tag along just for the drink and to be in the mob. They are not]/u] football fans. They are hooligans and criminals.

I've been to quite a few matches actually and the majority of the crowd was men of 20+ with the odd kid and a few women.

If their image was so important, the clubs would do something about the hooligans. Unfortunately they're making money out of it, so it's easier to sit back and do nothing...
Quote by Cadj
Oh you would have been there
/immaturity.

I've been to Celtic Park a few times which of course is Celtic stadium, i felt safe while there and i've been to an Old Firm game and I was safe.

I went to see Man United vs. Shrewsbury. I think Quinton Fortune scored a hat trick

I should go to see the new Shrewsbury ground. Preferably whilst they're playing there, otherwise it's rather pointless.
Quote by Sabu
I wonder if they kill their babies when they have green shits?
Probably just disown them. Obviously traitors.
Quote by gonzaw
It is still much better than the past though, at least in UK.

True, true....but that's cause the laws have become tighter, not because people are more well behaved..
Page 1 of 2