Matt Bellamy is a classicaly trained pianist.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
a classically trained pianist is only different from a regularly trained pianist because he thinks he is
A classically trained pianist, has a more solid understanding of the instrument. They tend to play things not based on modes and key, but the desired melody. They are taught to play through classical music, such as music from the brohom, Bach, Hayden, Beethoven, etc. era, which are some the most difficult musical pieces.
Last edited by Guitargod12345 at May 16, 2008,
Usually it means they learnt through classical songs, teaching methods. Usually means they know more theory than an average pianist.
They're good. Haha.
Quote by burrit0
Pshh, Christians rebel against evil.

-Gibson Les Paul Custom -
-Random acoustic guitar that's 36 years old -
-Epiphone Dot Deluxe -
-Gibson Les Paul Studio -
-Epiphone PR200E -
Well, the classical techniques usually require that the pianist has a sense of individual dynamics on each hand, expecting different sensitivities and characteristics in each. At least, that's what a classical pianist should strive for anyways.

Brad Mehldau is a good example of a jazz pianist with a strong classical background. His playing really shows. He makes great use of distinguishing the individual voicings with his hands and creatively improvises with ostinatos on one hand while playing the solo lines with the other.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana