Sorry for the double post, but depending on the response I get from the other thread I may be purchasing a guitar from the musicians friend website. Has anyone purchased a guitar direct from the site? Did you need to have the guitar set-up? How was the quality of the guitar? If there were any problems how was the customer service?Any help would be appriciated.
CLICK HERE to see my rig
Mesa Dual Rectifier
4x12 Recto Standard
H&K 1x12 Switchblade
Flextone 3 XL
PRS Custom 22 Ten Top
ESP EC-1000
Shecter Gryphon w/ Emg 85/81
Ibanez AEF37
EHX small clone/ holy grail
BBE Sonic maximizer
Boss DD6
i got my Dean bass from them <.< no problems but they did mess up an order of picks i had lol so idk
I've actually ordered 2 guitars from Musicians Friend and both were in fantastic condition. They had amazing set ups right out of the box (Taylor 214e & Ovation Celebrity). I've also ordered amps, pedals, ect.. I can definetly give kudos to Musicians Friend.
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Honestly with a business that big there are bound to be some bad apples, but the majority if not all are exactly what everybody ordered.
I was planning on ordering form them... but they ran out of the guitar I wanted and ended buying online elsewhere. I found a nice online website that was quite small... The guy even gave me his hpone number so I could call him. Online buying is great. I WOULD HAVE bought from them.
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
Thanks for all the responses guys. Sounds like I won't have a problem w/ them.
CLICK HERE to see my rig
Mesa Dual Rectifier
4x12 Recto Standard
H&K 1x12 Switchblade
Flextone 3 XL
PRS Custom 22 Ten Top
ESP EC-1000
Shecter Gryphon w/ Emg 85/81
Ibanez AEF37
EHX small clone/ holy grail
BBE Sonic maximizer
Boss DD6
Just in case you guys didn't know this, I didn't until recently when my coworker who is an ex GC employee told me, MF and GC are sister companies. Which makes sense if you look at their respective websites. They are basically the same site.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
my guitars were all fine.

if there is any problem, you can call them, get a return label, and send it back for free.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I've ordered a couple guitars off of there, but I prefer American Musical because it has the payment plans :P
Think For Yourself, Question Authority - Dr. Timothy Leary

Quote by Poopsmith666
[21:09] im so canadian i piss maple syrup and i shit the beavers!

Quote by theyab
[1:01] im 21 years old i know how to jerk off
Quote by BaffAttack
Just in case you guys didn't know this, I didn't until recently when my coworker who is an ex GC employee told me, MF and GC are sister companies. Which makes sense if you look at their respective websites. They are basically the same site.

Yup. The guys in GC used to actually refer to MF as their website until they recently got their own website with gear for sale on it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I've ordered a few guitars, and they were all fine. Had to set them up for my preference, but I do that with just about any guitar. The only guitars I would really need to play first are the high end ones like the Gibson LP's, high end Fender Strats, PRS, etc... There can be quite a variance among them, and when you're paying that much, you want the one that sounds best to you.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I've gotten a couple of guitars from them, they are very reliable, though you will probably need to set it up to your taste, but that's normal with any instrument.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by BaffAttack

im pretty sure they have separated. i remember hearing somewhere that they no longer we connected, which explains their new site, prices, etc. I had some guitar pedals price matched a couple weeks ago at guitar center from musiciansfriend's prices so they have to be.

but musiciansfriend is very good still, never hear too many problems from them
Well Enough Alone
Quote by guitardude11
im pretty sure they have separated. i remember hearing somewhere that they no longer we connected, which explains their new site, prices, etc. I had some guitar pedals price matched a couple weeks ago at guitar center from musiciansfriend's prices so they have to be.

but musiciansfriend is very good still, never hear too many problems from them

i talked to some GC employees a couple days ago and they said they are still together.
haha they were complaining about how GC doesn't carry ESP's but MF does.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by Griever988
Honestly with a business that big there are bound to be some bad apples, but the majority if not all are exactly what everybody ordered.

My uncle ordered a MIM Tele off of there and they sent him an MIA. So yeah they do screw up, in his case it just happened to be in his favor . I've never ordered a guitar off of there but I've ordered most of my other gear off of there and it has all been legit. I would buy a guitar from them in a second. Also, the quality of the guitar isn't determined by where its sold. You can find a top notch Gibson at a Flea Market and a bottom of the line warlock at GC.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Musicians Friend should be fine, but you may want to try Sweetwater, just for kicks.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Got my strat from them... no problems with it whatsoever aside from the usual hum with single coils.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??