Style: Shred / Classic Rock = Main 2

Sound I'm Looking For: Good sustain, non-thin sounding, and tight distortion

Gigging Situation: Small/Medium every now and then

Guitar Neck Preference: Thin and crazy fast necks but still comfortable

Body Preference: I have heard a lot of Jacksons sound thin (maybe because of the Alder body?) Mahogany seems to be a favorite for this type of style

Pickup Preference: I have a limited experience with my pickup knowledge but as far as I know Active EMG's would give me a great sound through an all tube B-52 AT-112 or Randall RG50TC

Trem: Any decent trem is fine..I'd like to have one but if there's a guitar out there that's much better without one then I can go without it

Price Range: $500 used and no higher (I can find most new $700 guitars used for $500)

Versatility: I'd like a little versatility but I'm mainly looking for a tight shred tone

Shape: I like a standard strat shape

Upgrades: I would rather not upgrade the guitar UNLESS I were to buy one and be able to upgrade it within my price limit

Guitars I know of in my price range that I may be interested in:

ESP LTD MH-1000 No Trem $749
ESP LTD MH-400 $699

Schecter C-1 BlackJack ATX $669
Schecter C-1 Plus $599
Schecter C-1 SheDevil $580
Schecter C-1 FR $499
Schecter C-1 XXX $499
Schecter Damien FR $499
Schecter Omen 006 $299

Ibanez RGT42FXQM $700
Ibanez SZ720FM $650
Ibanez RGT42FX $630
Ibanez SZR720 $600
Ibanez RGR420EX $600
Ibanez S520EX $600
Ibanez SAS36FMTG $580
Ibanez S320 $500

Jackson DKMG Dinky $750
Jackson DKMGT Dinky $680
Jackson DK2 Dinky $600
Jackson DK2M Dinky $600
Jackson DXMG Dinky $450
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
I would look at the ESP's and Ibanez's. Schecters might be out because of your neck specs. And I'm not very well versed on Jackson to recommend them either way.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
^^Thanks for the quick reply. The only problem I'm seeing so far with the Ibanez is the pickups that it comes with. Other than that I don't see too much wrong. The LTD MH-400 seems to look like a great guitar also.
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Swap the pickups out if you have a little extra cash left over.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
^^Ya I could do that but how are the stock ESP LTD pickups? It has an EMG 81 Active in the bridge and an EMG 85 Active in the neck.
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Which one has the EMG's stock? The ESP? Keep in mind those are xtra high output, being active.

Edit: Duh, you said it was the ESP.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Ibanez RGT4 is a very good guitar. All you need to change on it is the Edge III (good feeling trem made with bad material that can last you around 3-6 month perfectly) to Original Floyd Rose (direct swap no routing) and the pickups (optional).

Do not get EMG actives for the love of god.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
I'd go with the Ibanez S320. Very good guitar for the price. Pickups are good but not the best, but you can swap them out later on. Stock ones will do for now.

If you can find a used MH-400 that would be even better. And yes, the EMG 81/85 are simply awesome.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
The DKMG sounds like the best choice for you. You say that you want decent pickups and this guitar has pretty good ones(EMGS).Jacksons have fast comfortable necks and there licensed floyds arent too bad. The schecter guitars are also great but the necks on them tend to be a little thick. I dont have much experience with ESPs so I have no comment on them. The ibanez guitars you posted would do you good if you swaped the pickups out for better ones.
Quote by SQHero
Ibanez RGT4 is a very good guitar. All you need to change on it is the Edge III (good feeling trem made with bad material that can last you around 3-6 month perfectly) to Original Floyd Rose (direct swap no routing) and the pickups (optional).

Do not get EMG actives for the love of god.

What's wrong with active EMG's? And for the price of the OFR and new pickups I mine as well get a higher end guitar.
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Bump^
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Anymore opinions?
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Albert Einstein
1879-1955