Page 1 of 3
Hey Everyone

I saw a competition once about writing and recording an album in under 30 days and i thought that it was a really good idea.

So if anyone is interested all you have to do is write and record an album in 30 days. It sounds hard but the rules i am going to set make it alot easier

Rules:
1)Albums must have between 5 and 20 songs
2)They can be any length (you could have five 20 second songs but as long as there good songs they will do)
3)Your music can be any genre it doesnt matter
4)You can upload your music here on u-g or just upload it to any other music streaming site.
5)As it would be difficult to record proffesionally the recording quality doesnt matter so you could record just you and an acoustic guitar on a mobile phone and it would be fine

Extra Info:
I dont want you to waste money on studio time just for this so here are some ways you could record your songs:
1)If you have old songs of yourself use them
2)Use a mobile phone, mp3 player or video camera to record yourself.
3)If you can record through your pc use audacity as it is free and comes with lots of features.

The competition will start when we have at least 10 people involved so i will update when the closing date will be soon. Anyone can join after the time has started but you will get less time. After the closing date me and the judges will pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd places and get back to you then.

Also i hope you like the new look of the thread
Judges:
Me
Luizza69
akack
Wiirdo

Entrants So Far:
NovemberRain273-Outlook To Infinity-On UG Profile

demonology- Unamed Album=www.myspace.com/seven_days_later (Seperate Player)

Time Seller-House Of Jupiter

oZone_TNS-No Album Yet

mash71-No Album yet

priceless_twirp-Lets Get Wreckless

etnies55-No Album Yet

Gallagher2006-Unamed Album

Slut-In The Lions Den

Ibanez_4-Self Titled-On His UG Profile

Enjoy yourselves and let that creativety flow
Last edited by mattylaneguitar at Aug 4, 2008,
Hmm, I'd like to judge, or if no one wants to join, I could try making an album.
Quote by mattylaneguitar
Yeah definately il pm you when the competition fully begins

Sounds good to me.
I already have an album on my UG profile so if I can use that you can count me in.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Hey ;D

I'd like to err join this comp... Entering all MP3's in my profile [you have to go past the first of my profile to see them all]. Including my BoR cover ... As like a bonus to the album or something lol.

EDIT: LIKE TO CHANGE MY SONGS FROM MY PROFILE TO WWW.MYSPACE.COM/SEVEN_DAYS_LATER
Last edited by Demonology at Jun 4, 2008,
I have an album on my profile if you want to Judge it...

Its called "Let's Get Wreckless!"

Some of it should have vocals on but i'm fine with these being judged
Last edited by priceless_twirp at May 21, 2008,
Quote by mattylaneguitar
Yeah definately il pm you when the competition fully begins

Hey PM me when the competition starts so i can make some time to judge
I'm very interested in this, not sure if I want to submit or judge though. If I was a contestant there's no way I could start before summer starts, I'm too busy with school right now. I guess I'll judge for now but might switch later.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
I think I want to take part in this...sign me up.

What's the start date and end date for this?
The start time will be when we have 10 people taking part and the end is 30 days after, thank for joining btw
erm i dont know about a prize if i can get something than there maybe but if i cant it will just be for a bit of fun
Quote by mattylaneguitar
erm i dont know about a prize if i can get something than there maybe but if i cant it will just be for a bit of fun

Would be cool if yu could get an admin to award us UG point or smmat. That'd work. No that it means anything :p
Quote by mattylaneguitar
priceless twirp thats a great idea il try and get in touch with an admin and get back to you

Thanks. I do my best. Look forward to the comp!

P.s... I get uncomfortable with using user names to refer to one-another soo...:
My real names Dan
Quote by gallagher2006
I made 2 albums last year...I'll combine the best tracks and make a super album lol

Oooooo yay! Ony 2 to go :p
Im in
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
OMFG only 1 more!!!! hehehehe

Just had another idea for you. What if the judging was done in the form of a UG CD review...just thinking out loud :p
You dan are a genious haha and slut and gallagher thanks for joining one more to go and were ready to roll

Im very excited
Quote by mattylaneguitar
You dan are a genious haha and slut and gallagher thanks for joining one more to go and were ready to roll

Im very excited

Damn right I am! :P

(he says realising that he's shot himself in the foot because most of his songs dont qualifiy for the lyrics and singing section as they have none ) heheh
Page 1 of 3