What is the best I can get in my price range? The most I would spend is $1300. I play classic rock and blues mostly, but I also play some metal, and jazz. So i need versatility. I absoulutely LOVE fender strats. Preferably I would like it to have a whammy bar/tremelo but I don't care if it does or does'nt. I like really fast necks. So...............any suggestions?
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
You like fast necks, with some versatility between blues metal and even some jazz...hrm.

Well, you could get a FR installed Strat...not sure if any are in that price range. There are plenty of Ibanez's in that range, though, and they fit a lot of your criteria, especially if you are willing to swap some pickups.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
If you absolutely need versatility there is nothing like having a guitar made to your specs, or better yet, making your own guitar.

At 1300 you have many options. A custom carvin may do the trick, but to get the most bang out of your buck, it would be best to get a custom Warmoth. Even if you cannot assemble the guitar yourself, you could have their staff do it for you.
Quote by mafropetee
Fender American Deluxe HSS Stratocaster. Unless you meant you wanted a locking trem. In that case, look into a custom made Carvin.

+1, i would definetly check out a carvin custom shop guitar. If i were you i would look at the DC127. You can customize it how ever you want and get a quote, so if you want a locking trem then you can get it. Heres the link to the guitar, you can change almost everything about the guitar on the right hand side saying ''build and order your guitar''

https://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/index.php?model=dc127
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Quote by RichieKotzen
Im going to put this nicely. Never post. HSS strats are an abonination to Strats. And Carvin are terrible. Dont believe the 14 year old hype.

facepalm/

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
I have a Cort G290, it is good, its HSS and its versatile, it has a birds-eye maple neck and its fast, it has a tremolo bridge and locking tuners. I can get alot of sounds out of it. Should have a look at it.
Guitar: Cort G290
Amp: Laney LX65R
Pedal: Korg AX3G Multi-Effect
Quote by RichieKotzen
Im going to put this nicely. Never post. HSS strats are an abonination to Strats. And Carvin are terrible. Dont believe the 14 year old hype.

I'm NOT going to put this nicely.

You're a god damn idiot.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by RichieKotzen

Yeah, a guitar that adds versatility without taking away what makes a particular guitar good is always an abomination to their model.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Check out the Schecter C-1 Classic. It's simply amazing. Sounds great, looks amazing.

Pickups are not too hot, but definitely hot enough for classic rock, even more modern sounding stuff. And put it in neck position, you get an incredible jazz/blues tone. It's using Seymour Duncan 59' in the bridge and Seymour Duncan Jazz in the neck.

Great neck through mahogany body. Real nice and deep. Good sustain also. Really nice neck inlay, too.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Quote by BaffAttack
Yeah, a guitar that adds versatility without taking away what makes a particular guitar good is always an abomination to their model.

SSS is the only way to go with a stratocaster. Otherwise you might as well buy a Jackson or Ibanez imo.
Quote by mafropetee
I'm NOT going to put this nicely.

You're a god damn idiot.

Most people who use ESP's know something about how bad Carvin guitar quality is. Heath Ledger is giving you a hint.
Quote by RichieKotzen
SSS is the only way to go with a stratocaster. Otherwise you might as well buy a Jackson or Ibanez imo.

You're pigeonholing way too much, IMHO.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
$1300 covers an awful lot of guitars. If you're willing to consider used, it covers damn near everything. So get out there and start test-driving everything you can find. It's a joy when nearly nothing is beyond your reach.
Quote by RichieKotzen
Most people who use ESP's know something about how bad Carvin guitar quality is. Heath Ledger is giving you a hint.

Have you ever actually played a Carvin?

And stop making sweeping generalizations. It just makes you look like a douche.

And the HSS Stratocaster is one of the most versatile guitars out there.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
the ESP KH-602 is very good
OFR
Neck Through
EMGs
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
Quote by JackWhite333
What is the best I can get in my price range? The most I would spend is $1300. I play classic rock and blues mostly, but I also play some metal, and jazz. So i need versatility. I absoulutely LOVE fender strats. Preferably I would like it to have a whammy bar/tremelo but I don't care if it does or does'nt. I like really fast necks. So...............any suggestions?

Jackson Soloist SL2H is all you dream off: One of the fastest necks on the planet, '59 SD PAF in the neck and JB in the bridge gives you anything you need for Blues, classic rock and metal, The OFR is a more than deicent tremolo, and you could get it for 1300 second hand.
That would be the best choice imo.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by JackWhite333

Have a look at this one, and pay particular attention to the customer comments (right side of the page): http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-JS1000-2002-Electric-Guitar?sku=519439

It has everything you said you are looking for and $1300 is exactly what I paid for it. The only bad point is they have raised the price a bit, so it may be out of your range. But if you can save a little more dough before you buy, then you will absolutely love yourself for buying this guitar.