Amp: Mesa Mark IV
Guitar: Ibanez S540 HSS

I currently have a Bill Lawrence L500XL in the bridge, and really like the tone. However, this pickup is huge, and the pickup cavity is too shallow for the BL. I have my action set unseemly high to be able to clear the pickup well, but now that I have started to play more on the very high frets, I notice the strings are hitting the pickup because they are too close. The sound and sustain both suffer from this.

I was thinking of maybe putting in a DSonic, but was wondering what other options I have. I want something with relatively high output, despite the Mesa having quite a bit of gain.
Maybe try Dirty Fingers or Burstbuckers?
Mmmm, coffee

Quote by the_poison125
Fear your ass...

Quote by hazzmatazz
Quote by Våd Hamster
Sharing is caring. *holds out hands*
*inserts penis?*
Quote by Parabellum
Maybe try Dirty Fingers or Burstbuckers?

Thanks for the ideas, but $110 is way high for a pickup.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Is the BL bigger than a normal humbucker?

It goes pretty deep. It is three times the depth of all my standard Ibanez humbuckers...
Quote by forsaknazrael
Wow. Well, I don't like the D-Sonic. Go with a Dimarzio Breed.

From the sound clips of breeds that I've heard, I didn't really like the Breed.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Oh...'kay.

So what kinda sounds were you looking for, then?

Still relatively high in treble, but still with low end and some punch.

I'm willing to spend 60-85 bucks, and I know both Duncan and DiMarzio have a lot of pickups in that range.
dimazrio norton
dimarzio super distortion
duncan custom custom
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
hey
i am thinking about changing the pickups in my epiphone flying v goth to emg 81(bridge) and 85 (neck). how would i go about doing this

cheers
Quote by JLT73
dimazrio norton
dimarzio super distortion
duncan custom custom

The Custom Custom will be too warm.

Quote by lordTim
hey
i am thinking about changing the pickups in my epiphone flying v goth to emg 81(bridge) and 85 (neck). how would i go about doing this

cheers

Start your own thread. But you'll need to replace the electronics in there with the stuff EMG gives you.

Um, ketiov, I'd check out the Duncan Custom 5 or the new Duncan SH-16 with the Alnico 8 magnet, I think it is. It might be called the Alternative 8 model? Supposed to be pretty hot, might be what you're looking for.