Page 1 of 2
Hey i have a Dig- tech grunge pedal, i was wondering if anyone knew how to get nirvana sound out of it
wow, harsh.

im not sure, i remember seeing a thread that dealt with the different settings of Guitarists and such. Sorry, not much help.

good luck!
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm

Get a girlfriend that looks like that.
In no time you will be making those grunge-like sounds.
I have that pedal myself and I don't find it to be very good for any grunge type sound.

It works beautifully for really dirty rock and even muddy almost "Nine Inch Nails" kind of tones.

But it's really mislabelled. Sorry.

Go try one of the Boss Distortion pedals.

Oh, and the right forum
The Pit. The Movie.
Quote by Tazeyo

Get a girlfriend that looks like that.
In no time you will be making those grunge-like sounds.

Quote by Jaymz_515
One of my friends was thrown into the sun by a teacher for speaking in the library.
Also, on the nirvana website I do believe that they have a list of the bands equipment (and perhaps settings)
The Pit. The Movie.
I have a book here that tells you the exact gear Kurt used, could copy pasta some if you like.
Buy a Nirvana cd, put it in your cd player, and you'll get that Nirvana sound straight form your cd player! Clever ain't it?
\¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿??????????/

Quote by Oli_88
I have a book here that tells you the exact gear Kurt used, could copy pasta some if you like.

Could you??
I found that just using a cheap solid state amp turned up all the way worked well. Use a decent one though that doesn't hum that much (a small amount of thermal hiss is to be expected). Scoop the mids slightly for a grunge sound (e.g. Breed - Nirvana) or scoop the bass and treble almost all the way for a sound similar to Greg Ginn's of Black Flag.
Quote by TastyMooglePie
Rape everyone involved: the girlfriend, the mom, the dad, and throw in the dog for good measure.

Quote by Prankster1990
NoFX_Fan182 is awesome mkay. He just rocks my socks
Quote by Wasian4life
Flanger??

its not used all the time in their songs, but i think a CHORUS effect is used haha sorry i use flanger effects instead, it sounds almost alike
I got this question, but, wrong thread dude.. Kurt used both the Boss DS-1(EARLIER:Nevermind, Bleach) and Boss DS-2(LATER:In Utero, etc.).. As for modulation pedals he used were the Electro-Harmonix Small Clone(Come As You Are), and an Electro-Harmonix PolyChorus(Heart Shaped Box solo, that funny noise at the beginning of Radio Friendly Unit Shifter).. As for guitars Kurt tended to use humbucker equipped Fender guitars. Any tube amp will do... Hope that helps man!
1) find the knobs on your amp that say distortion or gain
2) turn them all to their highest setting
3) turn on your amp
4) plug in your guitar

that is how you get the nirvana sound
Sell it and by a Muff or DS-2.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Why does everyone hate on Nirvana? Kurt did start a sub-genre of rock, and not everyone has to have a Paul Gilbert on guitar to be a good band...

EDIT: And to the poster above me, DS-2 would probably be better for Nirvana sounds (although, DS-1s are cheap, and if you don't feel like spending a lot go for that) but I like Muffs more.
Quote by snow blind
1) find the knobs on your amp that say distortion or gain
2) turn them all to their highest setting
3) turn on your amp
4) plug in your guitar
5)Throw guitar at drummer
that is how you get the nirvana sound

Fixed
The Pit. The Movie.
Quote by Spay
Fixed

lol you made my post 100x better
Last edited by snow blind at May 16, 2008,
Quote by Pauldapro
shoot yourself in the head first

I love Nirvana but I lol'd

Quote by Wasian4life
links are for homosexuals
discussion forum
music downloads
games
polls
art
EVERYTHING!
tell 'em b-man sent you

wtf?
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by Wasian4life
i ve been told to advartise

I've been told to *reported*

I just broke my reporting cherry
I don't usually do that

Also, fail because your link doesn't work
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by Retro Rocker
Is there any way we could prove to the metal forum that Nirvana was some bizarre sub-genre of metal?

I dunno the Bleach album was pretty heavy, especially "Negative Creep"
Quote by Dilweed
Why does everyone hate on Nirvana? Kurt did start a sub-genre of rock, and not everyone has to have a Paul Gilbert on guitar to be a good band...

EDIT: And to the poster above me, DS-2 would probably be better for Nirvana sounds (although, DS-1s are cheap, and if you don't feel like spending a lot go for that) but I like Muffs more.

It's because roughly 1/2 the pit monkeys are morons who are either metal elitists, metallica fanboys, dream theater fanboys, or refuse to listen to anything that uses alot of powerchords and has no hint of shred whatsoever
Quote by Wasian4life
Flanger??

Maybe on your clean tone. They do that sometimes, In Bloom comes to mind.
How to sound like Nirvana? The answer is drugs, and lots of them.

But to make this a serious post, I can't get their distortion, but I can get close on the the clean sound they use a lot by cutting my lows.
Quote by chinkboy7
It's because roughly 1/2 the pit monkeys are morons who are either metal elitists, metallica fanboys, dream theater fanboys, or refuse to listen to anything that uses alot of powerchords and has no hint of shred whatsoever

Nah, I just don't like them. I bought Nevermind, and just couldn't see the attraction. I like quite a lot of "powerchordy" stuff though.
People hate Nirvana like they hate Green Day, Line 6, Vista, and Nickleback. It's stupid, really.

Territorial Pissings has some sweet distortion. No idea how to get it though.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
chorus effect/reverb
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Page 1 of 2