Quote by forsaknazrael
Why bother? I'd save your money. I mean, the Cube 60 is a decent amp, but not one to benefit greatly from a speaker swap.

i think the speaker is craping out ,so a speaker swap is a need more than a want.
I'd contact Roland for a replacement - given the amount of processing the Cube does I wouldn't be surprised if the speakers are specifically designed for it with a very flat response. The amp models likely incorporate speaker modelling too and that's why the Cubes manage to sound so good for their size - the speakers just there to make it louder, not to actually contribute to the sound in any way. Chances are if you put something good in there like a V30 it'd actually sound like crap because the voicing would be all screwed up.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i took it apart and the blue wire just grounds to the speaker frame,
so any speaker should work. i also noticed an old 6''guitar string lying
behind the grill (got it from pawn shop) so my speaker is not bad.
i am going to e-mail roland to see if steven seagulls thoughts
are rite,for future ext speaker cab.
Quote by steven seagull
I'd contact Roland for a replacement - given the amount of processing the Cube does I wouldn't be surprised if the speakers are specifically designed for it with a very flat response. The amp models likely incorporate speaker modelling too and that's why the Cubes manage to sound so good for their size - the speakers just there to make it louder, not to actually contribute to the sound in any way. Chances are if you put something good in there like a V30 it'd actually sound like crap because the voicing would be all screwed up.

No, Cube speakers are S***. I have a cube 20, the speaker blew. I replaced it with a 30 watt Jensen speaer, the low end stopped clipping (I tune way low), and the volume doubled.
80s metal I'd say a V30. But don't replace it until the speaker dies.
Quote by chikin pickle
No, Cube speakers are S***. I have a cube 20, the speaker blew. I replaced it with a 30 watt Jensen speaer, the low end stopped clipping (I tune way low), and the volume doubled.
80s metal I'd say a V30. But don't replace it until the speaker dies.

i have 60 watts so a 30watter wouldnt live long if i crank it.