Poll: Do you like death metal?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like death metal?
Yes, its awesome
113 49%
Neh, i like it for its technical aspects..but dont listen to it too much...
62 27%
No, its ****
56 24%
Voters: 231.
Page 1 of 3
Bands and Artists forum?
Quote by Anty 7
I just like Opeth

Ditto. I find most other death metal bands annoying.
Quote by snow blind
think people, if he posted this in the metal forum the response would be obvious, here you have people with varying musical tastes (and more open minds)

He could've posted it in the general forum. That way he'll get a more diverse opinion.
Last edited by Doppelgänger at May 16, 2008,
Quote by hightension01
Metal forum

Reported

dude who gives a ****
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Honestly, it takes a gradual building up to heavier music to appreciate death metal. Like at first, i hated deep growls, now i like them. It all starts with one band you like that is heavier than all the others, then you go from there.

I used to despise death metal. Now i can listen to it
I don't like that at all. I like inspired and understandable lyrics.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
think people, if he posted this in the metal forum the response would be obvious, here you have people with varying musical tastes (and more open minds)
Quote by The Spoon
Honestly, it takes a gradual building up to heavier music to appreciate death metal. Like at first, i hated deep growls, now i like them. It all starts with one band you like that is heavier than all the others, then you go from there.

+1

Exactly what happened to me .
Quote by mdawg24
I like really technical stuff like Opeth and BTBAM

You my friend, need some necrophagist
Pop punk wins.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Quote by MetalMusicianAl
**** yay. like paul o'brien said. it's a slap to queer music

you mean pat? and death metal is my 1 of my favorite forms of metal. excuse me, im a little inebriated.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Last edited by rebeltildeth87 at May 16, 2008,
Quote by JeanMi36
I don't like that at all. I like inspired and understandable lyrics.

to be honest there are more death metal songs that are more inspired than alot of songs that are more understandable. Not trying to start anything but your kind of generalizing.
Quote by The Spoon

me too!!!
i <3 death metal.
Quote by snow blind

Yeah thats what i had in mind.
Its just pretty boring to me, I really like deathcore though.

Elitists are always like, "thats weak, listen to some real death like Cannibal Corpse or Cryptopsy" I mean those are sick bands, but they're boring as hell. Same drum pattern and vocals. Tech death is different, but still a bit boring.
Quote by Mullen2105
to be honest there are more death metal songs that are more inspired than alot of songs that are more understandable. Not trying to start anything but your kind of generalizing.

Yeah I know, I'm sorry it wasn't my intention, I'm not trying to be an elitist or whatever. I just can't stand some bands who sing how it's cool to burn churches (and I'm atheist :p) or things that are really gore.

But you're right, I shouldn't be generalizing, I'm sorry.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

I also had to do the whole gradual build thing, I think is it hard for most people to be plunged into something extremely different right away. Actually, I'm listening to Pull the Plug right now.
Quote by JeanMi36
Yeah I know, I'm sorry it wasn't my intention, I'm not trying to be an elitist or whatever. I just can't stand some bands who sing how it's cool to burn churches (and I'm atheist :p) or things that are really gore.

But you're right, I shouldn't be generalizing, I'm sorry.

Thats Black metal dude, get your metal straight haha
Only like Opeth, Death, and one song by Cannibal Corpse (that is, if TBDM doesn't count... /genre n00b)
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Vantage
I'm getting into Death Metal.

Opeth is great.

Get out while you still can, dont damn your soul!11!!1!!!!1
Quote by Kevin97220
Thats Black metal dude, get your metal straight haha

Help me then. Gimme some pointers with few bands for black metal noobs like me :p
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

I refuse to make a generalization about an entire genre of music. Some songs that can be classified as "death metal" I have listened to and enjoyed, others not so much. It is definitely plausible that I could hear a song that some consider te be "death metal" and fall completely in love with it, on the other hand, I could end up despising every song from the genre that I hear for the rest of my life.

Enough with the generalizations and asking people about their preferences already. People have different tastes, and it probably wouldnt exist if there wasn't an audience for it.
kill all humans
i like venom and celtic frost thats about it
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
Quote by JeanMi36
Help me then. Gimme some pointers with few bands for black metal noobs like me :p

You got your classics such as Mayhem, Burzum, Darkthrone and your modern stuff such as Cradle of Filth, Gorgoroth, Behemoth, and Dimmu Borgir.

I don't listen to it though, I tried to get into it but just couldn't lol.
i like some aspects of it. listened to it for most of my teenagehood.

other aspects i find ridiculous.. but i don't mind because they do it on purpose. (unless you're that church burning norwegian band.. )
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Death metal is amazing, but black metal has always been more interesting to me.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
I like death metal that has a melody that I can actually hear, like BTBAM, Opeth, Dethklok, Children of Bodom, etc.

Edit: I like Black Dahlia Murder and Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza as well... I'm starting to wonder it the "br00tal death metal bands" I like are not actually br00tal death metal at all, but are some sort of -core.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Last edited by Sonicxlover at May 16, 2008,
Good technical aspects, but if it isn't melodeath or prog-death it's meh.
Proud member of the UG Hate Crew

Laguna Loire of the Final Fantasy Elites - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Page 1 of 3