Lately, Ive been doing way to much simple rhythm things, and Ive ignored solo stuff. I got back to playing solo stuff, but I dont know how to improve. I cant figure out what to do to get myself better. I really need to work on my speed, and my coordination around the fretboard. Im into the flashy solos in classic rock, but shredding becoming more and more appealing to me, even though I cant find a good place to start. Any tips.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by AlskiOverload
any opinions on vai's 10 hour workout?

I prefer the 30 hour workout. You can find it on the internet somewhere.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

learn scales, and use speed techniqies, pentatonic scales is the easist to learn but speed takes practice, about 2-4 hours a day at first for 2-4 monthes, then start to create solos
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
Cool. I think I do 2-4 hours a day, I just am not sure if its becoming all that productive. Anyone know where to get an accompanying tab for the Rock Discipline video? I cant tell what he's playing.
you must get used to a metronome if you arent already, it will help you solos sound more fluid
Do i need to pay attention to the metronome closely, or should my playing just be helped by the metronome just playing?
might I add I much prefer to listen to a guitar player who sounds melodic then someone who can play at 1000 notes a minute and sound like crap.

Speed isn't everything.

Work on being as creative as you can be with your soloing and composing.
Quote by Metalhead3333
might I add I much prefer to listen to a guitar player who sounds melodic then someone who can play at 1000 notes a minute and sound like crap.

Speed isn't everything.

Work on being as creative as you can be with your soloing and composing.

Speed isn't everything, but it is something.

You can be fast and melodic, or didn't you know?
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

I never said you cant be, and those that are are generally very amazing players.

All I said Is I rather listen to people make music then people play scales at 1000 notes per minute.
Playing "1000 notes/minute is only for those who want to show off their skills... Mostly it's only good for those who like to play such things.

Other "not-playing-solo-guitar-peolpe" has it difficult understanding the cool about such things. And it does takes some skills to play überfast and with a melody in it...
on the exotic guitar scales what are the orange dots on the notes supposed to stand for?