ok, as the school year is coming to an end, im really stressing to keep my grades up.

as an incentive, my parents have promised me that if i get straight A's they will buy me some recording equipment.

right now, i have the grades i need, i just gotta make sure i pass my exams.

now my question to you is..

< What recording equipment can i get for around $300 that will get the job done? >

yea i know that is not much for recording stuff, but normally i only get $100 so its a lot better than what i WOULD have.

and i'm not looking for like really advanced stuff yet, i just wanna make a few CD's and get some songs out there.

Thx to anyone who helps

v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
What instrument and is it just you?
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by Fast_Fingers
What instrument and is it just you?

obviously guitar.

but yea, its for my home so i guess just for me.

maybe a few friends.. but not a band or anything.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
any help plz?
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
I suggest moving up to at least $350. $300 will work but you will probably run out of cash when buying monitors and cables...

Heres a $350 recording pack which is nice for the price, if you can spend the cash on it I suggest going for it:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/PreSonus-Audiobox-USB-Recording-Package?sku=243008
bump*

more ideas plz.

moody that would be great, but i need some basic stuff to even record first.

maybe i shoulda mentioned that.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
A mic to plug in to your pc. Basic as its going to get
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by GibsonRocker14
bump*

more ideas plz.

moody that would be great, but i need some basic stuff to even record first.

maybe i shoulda mentioned that.

What, like software?

Reaper, Audacity...both two good programs.

I'm actually not sure what you mean...
To record all you need is an instrument, mic, interface, and software for the computer...
the $2.50 budget record method works sometimes but he wants to make CDs for his friends and such so I would tend to go for an interface, plus he has the money to spend if he does good in school, (I actually like how his parents set this up, more people should do this to get their kids excited about school IMO).

interface = higher quality which is important if you are getting your music out for others to hear and have them think highly of you. Thats what gets you gigs and money...
Quote by moody07747

interface = higher quality which is important if you are getting your music out for others to hear and have them think highly of you. Thats what gets you gigs and money...

any suggestions as to WHICH?
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
Quote by moody07747
I suggest moving up to at least $350. $300 will work but you will probably run out of cash when buying monitors and cables...

Heres a $350 recording pack which is nice for the price, if you can spend the cash on it I suggest going for it:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/PreSonus-Audiobox-USB-Recording-Package?sku=243008

THIS. very much this.

that's really all you need, man. if you need software, Reaper and Audacity are good. You can also get a hold of Sony ACID, which is nice.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
As quoted above, that PreSonus pack is a great deal for the money and should get you up and running in no time.

If you dont like the software they give you to record you can buy something else or go with something like Reaper and get the license for it if you like it.

http://reaper.fm/
wouldnt it be better if you concentrate more on getting good grades then looking at recording stuff right now?
Looking for a new sig!
Quote by samerika
wouldnt it be better if you concentrate more on getting good grades then looking at recording stuff right now?

wouldn't it save a lot of his time if you didn't post this useless, smart-ass response? he's going to be on u-g whether we like it or not, so help him out or gtfo!