I just had the guitar setup for 10-46 string where it was using 9s previously, and the bloody thing won't stay in tune anymore, it'll either go way sharp or way flat, and wiggling the bar a little will partially put it in tune, but not fully.

Before the thing used to stay pretty much right on regardless of what I did with the bar, and what little it'd go out wouldn't be all that noticable.
different string tension because of heavier gauge. adjust the springs in the back of the tremolo (you'll need to screw them in more to compensate for the greater tension)
Quote by rky
different string tension because of heavier gauge. adjust the springs in the back of the tremolo (you'll need to screw them in more to compensate for the greater tension)

Don't those screws just adjust the angle of the bridge? It's sitting pretty much even with the body of the guitar.
Bumping back up.

The bridge seems to be floating in a really big dead zone, so it never seems to return to the same place twice.

Would adding an extra spring help any?
I changed string guages on my JS1000 from 10s to 9s, and couldnt get it to stay in tune to save my life. Then I niticed that the srting retainer bar on the headstock was set too high. I cranked it down a few turns and now it stayes in tune nicely. I tuned it 3 weeks ago, play it every night and have yet to have to tune it again.