I bought an Epi les paul less than a month ago at guitar center, and ive been playing it, and i must say im not a fan of the thickness of the neck and the single cut away, (though i love the look i love the classic rock vibe that it exudes) so i was thinking of getting some ibanez rg of some kind with a wammy bar, and 24 jumbo frets and the other good stuff that comes with it, so basicly its like a classic corvette with an engine with 100,000+ miles on it (LP), or some like awsome pimped out souped up car (ibanez), i also play every kinda music, from classical to metal, from classic and hard rock to funk and jazz so yah i also have a vox valvetronix ad30vt,

thanks in advace
Quote by MrGoodyear812
I bought an Epi les paul less than a month ago at guitar center, and ive been playing it, and i must say im not a fan of the thickness of the neck and the single cut away, (though i love the look i love the classic rock vibe that it exudes) so i was thinking of getting some ibanez rg of some kind with a wammy bar, and 24 jumbo frets and the other good stuff that comes with it, so basicly its like a classic corvette with an engine with 100,000+ miles on it (LP), or some like awsome pimped out souped up car (ibanez), i also play every kinda music, from classical to metal, from classic and hard rock to funk and jazz so yah i also have a vox valvetronix ad30vt,

thanks in advace

Eh...

I suppose if you don't like the Epi's neck then there's no point in keeping it...but before getting an RG, you really should try a bunch of different guitars in the same price range. No use buying a guitar sight unseen on the grounds of needing a more comfortable neck.
yes...get...a RG7321...or S7320
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Quote by MrGoodyear812
out of my price range ($450 or less)

then definitely get the RG7
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
You've read it a thousand times because it's true: play 'em all. Play them all until you find something that "sings" to you. Good luck!
Brotherhood of Vox Group Member #30
'08 Fender American Standard Strat
'07 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Honeyburst w/Gibson 498T &490R
'06 Ibanez Artcore Archtop

Vox Valvetronix AD100VTH w/Blue 4x12" Vox Cab
Vox AD30VT
lp's are funny. They are all the same on paper but they all feel different..
Dont buy a guitar because of looks. Why get used to something when
you can jump so far ahead on the learning curve with a guitar that feels
like its made for you...
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
I find this funny, I just sold a RG 2550 prestige to get my Epi LP std plus. I could not be happier... Well, unless my LP was a Elitist.

Its all preference. This is just my opinion but my LP feels more higher quality then my Ibanez did. There was nothing wrong with it, I guess it just wasn't for me.

Good luck finding your guitar.
well if i were you and i like the les paul but not the neck i would get an agile with the slim neck... or a hagstrum
a corvette will always be better. so keep the les paul, haha. if you dont like it then you dont like it. maybe find a les paul with a smaller neck...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
you want regret it i have a rg5ex1 and a epi les paul zakk wylde and i like the rg more but you should really try alot of **** out
If you like LPs, but prefer a thinner neck, take a look at Jay Tursers. They are a thinner LP, both in neck and body, but with about the same fretboard width and radius.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
As everyone here has already said, play many guitars until you find the one for you.

For years I avoided LP's. Just a few months ago I sat down to play one and I ended up trading in my Schecter for the Limited Edition Epiphone Les Paul and I absolutely love it.

Good luck. Don't rush it.
Maybe think about an ESP/LTD Eclipse (LP copy). Slim necks with large frets and hot pickups like other typical ESP/Ibanez metal-happy guitars, but the styling of the LP that you like.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.